SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#5461 - 03/13/07 06:39 AM which synth should i buy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

Im looking to buy a synth/keyboard/electric piano/whatever you call them for our band and don't really have a clue to be honest. The main requirements are A) A decent piano sound B) A decent(more hammond, less crappy church)organ type sound C) Under £500 if possible. Other synth effects (meletron sounds would be cool!)are be a bonus. Im not fussy about brands - i just can't afford to blow a load of cash on a top of the range rig...

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!
Cheers, Rich

#5462 - 03/13/07 09:42 AM Re: which synth should i buy?
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
The smartest purchase I can think of would be a very average digital sampler with lots of ram in it, and a scsi drive stuck to it. The downfall to this setup is that you would need to find your own samples. A good example is the E-mu ESI-2000 or 4000. Nobody seems to want these and you can fit 128 megs into them so you get, 17 minutes of sample time, or something like that.

If not, I guess the everyday rompler would be the good choice, something along the lines of some Roland JV series or a Korg something. Something made in 1996 so the price is pretty low and the sounds are good enough for what you need.

#5463 - 03/13/07 10:39 AM Re: which synth should i buy?
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Google Yamaha SY85
I have one for sale. Includes manual and disks.
Smokey

#5464 - 03/13/07 11:31 AM Re: which synth should i buy?
danb Offline

Alesis QS6 = $325 obo.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online