Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I stand corrected..
Hi from Fred
some sad news:
1. My partner, Gert Jan, is ill; he has the flue. Moreover MS doesn't support its old Win98 and ME operating systems in any ways. The documentation is bad, missing or inconsistent. We seek ideas for solution of Win98 compatibility problems on developer forums, but nobody answers. Unfortunately also nobody replies on the Newsletter with SD-Explorer advertising that my friend Kenneth has sent out.
Compared with the results of market research our 'installed base of customers' is disappointingly low. Last week I sent out the upgrade, version 1.10 to our customers. Below are the release notes, which answers to your remarks and problems you reported. I hope for everybody that this version won't have to be the final version. However even if it isn't, I expected that development progress will be reduced. Since the release I have been working for the tool: testing, handling emails, creating FAQ and tutorial pages, etc. almost every evening until after midnight. (Joan knows)
This all resulted into too much stress. So I will take it easier now.
And to be honest I am seriously thinking about raising the price of the tool in 2005 to some extent. So people have time to purchase the tool for the modest fee until after Christmas.
Kind Regards, Fred
SDExplorer 1.0.1, build 51: (Oct 25 2004)
- Fixes for empty song and folder names
- Added support for read only SD Cards
SDExplorer 1.0.2, build 52: (Oct 27 2004)
- No longer opens empty window for non-existing path
- More accurate remaining time calculation in Backup progress
- Removed TryAgain/Continue Dialog when opening Read Only SD Card
SDExplorer 1.1.0, build 54: (Nov 9 2004)
- Alphabetical index of songs on the keyboard now works correctly
- Progress window shown while verifying files
- More informative error for verify failure.
- Win98 finally supported
- Fixed problem with restoring window from minimised state
[This message has been edited by fmlk4u (edited 11-19-2004).]