SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5316 - 06/22/02 07:46 AM Re: future of rock?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Munsie:
it ain't cool to dance to a bubble gum pop song. Sorry...

The ONLY thing about being cool at all, is dancing or listening to what YOU like. No one can tell you what cool is. It's personal. It's an attitude. Stay cool.

#5317 - 06/22/02 05:03 PM Re: future of rock?
kaboombahchuck Offline

Loc: Arizona USA
I just love it when some one says that rock had not produced any good, hard music. Usually this equates to a lack of hard rock venues or stations in the area. Groops like Megadeth, Pantera. and others have been out there rocking their collective as*es off. Unfortunatly, Megadeth had broken up, but they did leave us with one last kick'n album. Also the last live album (their only live one) is killer. I was at that show. You might want to check out Rush's new album, you might be suprized.

#5318 - 06/28/02 03:02 PM Re: future of rock?
meriphew Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Music styles run in cycles. Right now it's kinda like a throwback to 1982, with all the Punk Pop and Neo Nu Wave stuff.

------------------
Post indie electronic
Meriphew
www.meriphew.com

#5319 - 07/03/02 10:14 AM Re: future of rock?
riverblakey Offline

Loc: usa
Shocked...that rock may ever come to end,i download music from kazaa.com and after every few days ,i found new rock music files lying there.Guys go 'n check kazaa,u surely like it.

#5320 - 07/15/02 03:17 AM Re: future of rock?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes kazza is good, imesh too as well as that one client proggie that musiccity owns (forgot the damn name of it!) I still think WinMX rules (now @ v.3.22) though. The client proggie is for the control freaks in us
Topic: future of rock?

Well, the genre will always be, along with its long line of subcatagories.
No keyboardist enjoys bunk timbre and / or envelope of incapable devices.

WARNING, FOLLOWING SECTION OF POSTING IS EXTREMELY BORING.
The plucked string is a helluvalot more than just tricky enveloping, when the string is sounded many elements and stages affect it's sound. Of mechanical theory and physics, there is no such thing as a tuned guitar for many reasons. When the string is first plucked (or picked), it plays at it's sharpest frequency until it finds its divisional resonant point where it's dynamics extend the longest until the vibration is not forcefull enough to hold the packeted or quantum groupings of vibrations, then finally leaving the entire string vibrating whole and singular. The tension of the string itself is what causes the string to diminish vibration. While all these events are going on, the pitch itself goes moreso flatter until (theoretically speaking) vibration has halted completely. The previously said events are all discreet to one another and controlled by the strings properties, it's outside enviorment, and the method used to vibrate the string. All the above creates the frequency and it's dynamic envelope of pitch and amplitude. That is why it is so darn cotton pickin hard to accurately duplicate a guitar's sound, only emulations so far, but maybe someday soon.

WARNING, FOLLOWING SECTION OF POSTING IS REGULAR BORING, (bad, but not quite as bad)
The best puesdo guitar I have heard to date is Roland Corp.'s COSM technology. We have to shake our heads and say "yeah, well...what's up then?" Well what's up is a minor glitch that the electronic device that produces the COSM signal does not bear the properties of an electronic synthesizer. It would be better classed as a lightning fast responsive controller / sampler-player combo. Another thing that does not help us is that the controller is not a keyboard, its a guitar. For the keyboardist that does not know the fretboard, applied COSM for the keyboardist is about as useful as the square root of zero, give or take a 60Hz humm. I call COSM this error because it's original thought of design was for a keyboardist-synthist to be able to jamm out some electric guitar sounds. After finding that they (Roland) did not have a method to modulate the sound model properly with the correct envelope, they were forced to use a guitar as a controller. It resulted in the reciprical of their intention (of course they would never admit to that). Instead of the synthist being able to pump power chords, they wound up with a guitarist that could arpeggiate and trigger control and modulation functions via MIDI OUT.

WARNING, THE FOLLOWING SECTION OF POSTING IS NOT MUCH BETTER, YOUR EYES MAY HURT BY NOW. THIS IS NORMAL.
You know, it's a shame cawse the flippin thing sounds great. All that great modeled sound, and there's no market for it. I know one thing, no music store sells more VG's than they do Guitar/Amp combos of equal price. I think it's an analog digital thing. It would be safe to say that more keyboardists have a home computer and e-mail, than say.....drummers and guitarists. This is no downtalking by any means LOL I am never less than amazed of what I have seen drummers (guitarists too) do, have, and come up with, plus they get all the chicks of course.
MORPH!

#5321 - 07/21/02 02:23 AM Re: future of rock?
Jiddu Offline

Loc: Australia
Munsie..

..[sigh],

and,

[sigh].

#5322 - 08/19/02 11:43 AM Re: future of rock?
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOL yeah I know it was a long post but it saved my ass.
here's something to sigh about.

You try drinking a 6 pack of red bull and run to the synthzone because you discovered that you have to take secluded cover from the wife dropping yelling, laughing, crying PMS bombs everywhere. Down on the lower level, I can tell because she is little and it's the only time she walks heavy footed, and it was right about that time. Patt myself on the back for putting an outside entrance in that room (which may or may not double at times as an escape pod).It came in handy that day.

#5323 - 08/29/02 06:27 AM Re: future of rock?
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Bon Jovi rule!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online