SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52128 - 05/28/03 02:36 PM KN7000 as organ substitute?
tonkan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi!

I'm an former organ player who is planning to get an arranger keyboard.
I have leaned towards the Tyros which I heard demoed twice but have yet to try it myself.
However I've just found out that a store in my Country, actually have the started to sell the KN7000. However it is a bit of car driving so I don't want to go and try it out if it's not likely for me.

What do you think, may the KN7000 be something for me or may it be better to aim for the Tyros?
My number one priority are the organs and second the styles and third solo sounds.
I also want to add a midi pedal board mainly for playing just organ right, left and bass but also sometimes play manual basslines with the styles. Anyone using the KN7000 with bass pedals. Is it working ok? Would it be ok to play just organ with organ bass. Is it easy to change the bass sound?

Out of the spec the good thing to me about the KN7000 would be the Tab organs. The very bad thing is that it does not have any music database (Music finder) as the Yamaha keyboards.

Any comment would be appreciated.
Thanks
Torgny

#52129 - 05/29/03 01:42 AM Re: KN7000 as organ substitute?
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
I've owned a PSR2000 but now have a KN7000. I think the organ facilities of the Technics keyboard are outstanding. I pump it through two Behringer extension speakers and it is a very exciting sound. I understand the Tyros is a better instrument for strings and guitars.
Keith

#52130 - 05/29/03 02:00 AM Re: KN7000 as organ substitute?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I can echo Keith B's remarks. The KN7000 has absolutely outstanding organ registrations, both theatre and electronic.Further there are many extra organ sounds available. I have used Yamaha 9000pro for a while and the organs on that were, in a word, rubbish. I also use midi foot pedals and they are simple to install and effective..
You can't go wrong with the KN7000.
Hope this helps.
Trevor John

#52131 - 05/29/03 06:22 AM Re: KN7000 as organ substitute?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi
I am also a former organist. I have a huge theater organ sitting in my living room for my wife to dust.

I use my 7000 exclusively for organ and everything else. I also have a Clavinova and the database(Music Stylist) is larger on the 7000 with 94 separate registrations and rythms for the organ alone,plus hundreds more.
I think you would be remiss in getting anything else(IMHO)

Bernie

#52132 - 05/29/03 07:35 AM Re: KN7000 as organ substitute?
tonkan Offline

Loc: Sweden
OK, that sounds pretty good.

How do you change beween manual bass (with midi pedals) and auto bass?
How do you change the bass sound?
If I understand correctly the drawbars and the tabs can not be used for the bass. Are the suitable organ bassounds for the different tab organs?

Thanks
Torgny

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online