SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52109 - 03/09/05 05:26 PM PR54 + guitar = ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys. I'm kind of a synth n00b; though I've been playing piano and keyboard for almost all my life, I haven't bothered to try sequencing. I just purchased a PR54 two days ago through an auction, and it seems to be in fine condition, but it didn't come with the complete manual.

I also play electric guitar, and my question is, is it possible for me to record onto the PR54 from my guitar, through the AUX IN? I've tried a couple times, but it hasn't worked. Do I have to record onto a certain track or something?

Sorry if this question seems really stupid; I'm a little clueless right now. Hopefully I'll get more familiar with it after more practice.

#52110 - 03/10/05 04:45 AM Re: PR54 + guitar = ?
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi there aoikimmery:

That makes 2 of us that have the PR54. It's a great piano that has similar features to the KN2400. It will play songs and load styles for the KN6000/6500 and the KN7000 but it does not go the other way.

No, you can not record into the PR54 through the Aux In. It does not record analog signals.

You can download the Owners Manual at http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vOISearch?storeId=11251

Enter SX-PR54M as the model number.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 03-10-2005).]

[This message has been edited by shcox (edited 03-10-2005).]

#52111 - 03/10/05 07:51 AM Re: PR54 + guitar = ?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I think you need a midi guitar setup.
I recall doing a jam session several years ago with Lady Bo Diddley and she had a midi guitar that could and did sound like the best keyboard around. I have seen this advertised a lot but never paid much attention to the ads. Maybe try doing a search on google using MIDI GUITAR
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online