SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#52063 - 09/24/02 07:44 AM MIC settings questions for KN-7000
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Have there been changes to how MIC settings and effects are done/saved on KN-7000?

Specifically, is there now an "extra" DSP or other effect "unit" for Mic EQ-ing, such that you don't have to use the Multi (and thus not have Multi avail for other Parts)? I am wondering if I can EQ the Mic input and still have all the Multi and DSP settings available for other Parts? I believe on the KN-6000 that the Mic settings used Multi effect (such as for EQing the Mic) thus not letting you also use other Multi settings at the same time on Voices/Parts.

ALSO - can one "filter" the Mic effect settings so that one does not need to store one's Mic settings into every Panel Memory? On the 6000 it seemed like you could filter your Mic settings (volume, reverb levels etc) but not the EQ effect you might have had on the Mic input . . . ? ? ?

Thanks for any answers ...

Jim

#52064 - 09/24/02 09:41 AM Re: MIC settings questions for KN-7000
technicsplayer Offline

it's the same, you can assign say the eq from the multi to the mic, but then you have reverb and chorus left as the global effects. You still have the 5 dsps left for individual parts.

there is a multi filter, along with a mic filter setting, so if you set both of them off, then panel memory changes should not change the mic or multi setting or assignment.

#52065 - 09/24/02 01:01 PM Re: MIC settings questions for KN-7000
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Thanks for your quick reply. For me, the only problem is, I tend to use "Multi" for a bunch of presets, and the KN-6000's presets for some sounds seem to have Multi as part of what makes up the default sound. I know I could disable this and use Multi instead for the Mic, but then I'd have to (in some cases) re-do sound param's too in order to get the sound I want.

Then, in Presets, if I filter out Multi - then for the many presets I have that DO use Multi settings, they'd not be recalled.

Guess in my instance I'm better of running my mic into an external mixer and bypassing trying to use the KN-x000's mic methods ...

Thanks again for your explanation of how the KN-7000 does things in this area ...

Jim

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online