SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#51789 - 03/09/05 04:50 AM Re: Böhm Silverbird
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been tweeking the G-70 style conversions. Seems, in many, they use the same variations and add different intro and endings to make another style. Many have no variation at all. A few are very good to my liking. Being 78 yrs young I am not into hard rock, house, acid and the like which makes up a great deal of the styles but I am sure that is where the market is.

On board styles are not as important to me as the ease of operation and newer features, as good styles are easy to come by today.

From what I am learning about other keyboards, my 7000 may be my last.

Fran in Florida

#51790 - 03/09/05 05:34 AM Re: Böhm Silverbird
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Hi Fran, intresting what you say, I'm only 70!!!. music tastes, 30's/60's, don't think there was much music after this!! Anyway, I found a lot of the G70 styles (for Tyros) to my liking, and still 100 to check. I rate them on a par with Tyros. Walter.

#51791 - 03/09/05 05:44 AM Re: Böhm Silverbird
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran in Florida:
I have been tweeking the G-70 style conversions......

Hi Fran.

Converting and tweaking original quality styles would never give the
same result as when play the styles on the keyboard it's build for.
We can obtain a close up to and usable result, but we really have to
know how to set effects and whatever needed of sounds to make it as
close as possible to the genuine stuff.

I'm pretty sure the amount of G70 styles as well as other converted
stuff who may be in your taste would increase a lot if played on the
G70 itself, because very much of the subtle distinctions will be lost
when the quick converted stuff are palyed "as is" on our kb's.
I don't have that knowledge and expertise needed, but by use i.e. the
drums, bass and whatever I find suitable as a start up to build what
I call "my kind of style", and it even happens I hit a button or two
so it play nice on my KN too.

But as I mentioned before, the G70 styles sounds far better before any
tweaking on my KN5000 than most other styles I've converted.

Yepp, the Technics kb's are really a gift regarding to easy to work
with composer etc.
That's why I after all these years still have a KN, and probably will
add a new brand instead of swap it.

Never say never Fran, 78 is not that old when the hobby is music!

Happy tweaking and playing.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#51792 - 03/10/05 05:31 AM Re: Böhm Silverbird
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

It looks like this instrument has several variations. 61, 76 and double rows keys. with 750 sounds.

Here is a link to the flyer about this unit.
http://www.bohmusa.com/flyers/flyer_silverbird.pdf

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

#51793 - 03/10/05 11:09 AM Re: Böhm Silverbird
Walt Tenay Offline

Loc: Rutherfordton, NC
Hi,

Just some info to think about;

As a past US dealer for Wersi, and Bohn, and
somewhat familar with the OS of the new Wersi line for keyboards and organ, I know for a fact that early opeartions system on new Wersi were very slow on start and reboot - 3-4 minutes but as of a few months ago under a minute for US customers. Where this 15 minutes came has not applied to US customers talking with Ralph Conti Preside of Wersi USA.

Personally ,I can't imagine waiting for anything 15 minutes to boot up. I would be more inclined to shoot it cause evidently it is sick!

With the Wersi split of ownership overseas several years ago, there have been probelms and questionable statement that have exsisted between Wersi and Bohn companies it seems like forever. How do I know this - I was a dealer for both not at the same time and competed against one another at various times. I have had every major artist perform on my store for Wersi and Bohn and or stay at my house and found out alot about both companies and artist.

Competition of both companies has been going on for years and both saying he said she said.

My recolation of both was that Bohn technology was a just a little behind Wersi on all major development fronts, not to say that Bohn was or is not on par with Wersi. I liked both.

The problem with Bohn here in the states, there is no product identity or very few dealers if any for questions, service etc.

At least with Weri we have Wersi USA that
covers most of the US. You can visit their site at ( http://www. wersimusic.com ) or call Wersi at: toll free: 1-800-233-3865 or email Ralph Conti at rpconti@aol.com.

Best thing to do if your interested in either is to check out the facts and make your decision on what you hear, what you find out as fact and go from there. The other is to talk to actual owners here in the US.

All in all you might find out that your Technics is the best you could ever have.
Better than the new Roland you say, better than the new Tyros, Bohn or Wersi - Maybe!!!!

Walt Tenay

Quote:
Originally posted by Bohm Organs USA:
Hi to everybody.

We use no technology from oter brands. We have our own Sound Samples. Our products are more reliable as Wersi. Do you know that the Wersi OAS needs up to 15 min. to bootup and reboot. I heared from a Wersi Dealer that the Organs have a lot of problems with the CPU (Overheating). I was working over 25 years at Wersi in Germany and i know very well any Wersi instrument. I choose Böhm, because they are more reliable and sounding better. Personally comment: Technics was not bad, but they get past because their old PCM-technology. And at least. We,Bohm don't use Yamaha sound boars in our organs like Wersi.

#51794 - 03/10/05 12:00 PM Re: Böhm Silverbird
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Bohm Organs Usa;

I read your comments with interest. If you are going to make statements, you should be sure that they are factual. Or at least make your statements using words like " I believe, or possibly" Firstly, I would like to tell you that current Wersi systems do not take 15mins to start-up ( far from it). The CPUs do not overheat!! If so, then Intel has a problem, because those are the chipsets that are used. I have not heard of any recalls or problems with P4s, have you?

The sounds/styles for the Emporio 600 are pretty good, but I don't know how they compare to the silverbird line. Further, it is not evident as to what sound engine that the Bohm uses, as it is not in your brochures.

Comparitively, Wersi, Open labs, LionsTracs have an open ended operating system which are very inpressive, and allows for upgradeability. How does the bohm compare? Is the silverbirds upgradable without having to buy a new keyboard?

Although it is nice to have ones choice of colors /woods ( I think that fact is much more important for the home organ market where the waf is present), musicians more highly rank sound/styles,features & ergonomics. They would much rather , you speand the money on internal components ( software/hardware, sound, styles etc..)

As for your comment: "Another personal comment about Bohm is too expensive: You can not have a Mercedes if you can only afford a Volkswagen" I don't think musicians/players want something for nothing, but they do want a proper price to performance ratio. They don't want to pay for a Mercedes when all that they are obtaining is a volkswagon.
Competion among top model arrangers, is fierce. Players expect more for their money. $7000 for the base level rack module( what options does one have to pay extra for?) is a considerable amount of money. What extras is one obtaining compared to the competition?

I guess I should ask, who is Bohm's competion for the Silverbird keyboard line? ( ie silverbird 5,7,7p, maybe 8p)

Thank-you
Regards;
BN

#51795 - 03/10/05 12:27 PM Re: Böhm Silverbird
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
BN, to be sure that Böhm see it, maybe a idea to post in the tread at
GenArr where they have posted more after visited this tread as well?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#51796 - 03/10/05 12:52 PM Re: Böhm Silverbird
BlkNotes Offline

Thanks, Jonny. How are you doing? I originally posted my same response in the general arranger forum yesterday afternoon, but since iIdidn't obtain a response I came across the same thread in the Techniques forum and duplicated it.

Regards;
BN

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online