SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#509517 - 01/23/24 09:28 PM Got a BK-9
zuki Offline

What a challenge from the 4X! I love this board. It has so much potential and reading through the BK9 posts, I have a bunch more work ahead smile

I particularly love the pianos. There are so many features to polish a song, it's crazy.

Vintage Roland style components are too cool. Nice to have thought out endings that don't quit abruptly (awful on Korg). Hopeful to take this live down the road.

Edited by zuki (01/23/24 09:31 PM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#509524 - 01/25/24 12:16 PM Re: Got a BK-9 [Re: zuki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Congratulations Zuki.

I love how much the BK9 works as a live arranger and backing track player without overwhelming you, and at a VERY low weight.

Any questions, feel free to ask. Roland definitely have their own way of doing things, often differently from the rest. But I still find it suits me better than anything else at any price..!

#509530 - 01/27/24 07:25 AM Re: Got a BK-9 [Re: zuki]
zuki Offline

Thanks Diki. I hope you are doing well. Yes, a lot of bang for the buck (vs $5-6K boards). Will be hooking up an ipad 4 soon and speeding up the process to take live. The 4X is going strong and I have ample work (thanks God), so I can take my time. But this thing is a real monster with the potential that I see. I really like the keybed and 76 notes and lightweight and wow.....more later.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#509533 - 01/27/24 02:08 PM Re: Got a BK-9 [Re: zuki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I find the sliders can be tasked to anything I’d use the editor app for, live (keyboard part levels, tone or effect controls) and I keep my Performance List in alphabetical order, so it’s quick to select next songs with the scroll wheel while I play.

One thing the lack of buttons compared to the G70 did for me is simply to set things up in advance… if I need to make more than a one button change while I play a song, I make extra Performances (song solo, chorus etc.) and place them adjacent in the List. With 999 to play with (compared to the G70’s 128 per setup) it isn’t really a problem even with a song list of several hundred songs all loaded.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online