SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#508302 - 05/20/23 08:20 PM New Yamaha Genos, Where?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi,
Just wondering where is the new Genos II? I love mine has been great, not sure how you would improve it in a way that would make it spectacular but interested to see if they can. Anyone have any news that’s not the stupid utube scuttlebutt stuff?.

#508303 - 05/20/23 08:38 PM Re: New Yamaha Genos, Where? [Re: Robbo]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Robbie,

This I think is the biggest hint I feel to at least the possibility of there really being one now,

https://www.epianos.co.uk/heres-my-best-...AT2d0HpYbJCrMfE

It’s still nothing official but if a reputable retailer is talking about it and suggesting you ‘go easy on the summer holiday spending’ then there may be some information amongst the know. There’s apparently a Yamaha event or meeting with both Peter & Martin attending I’m lead to believe so that may be another indicator.

Perhaps from this point we may start to see some leaks appear as per the previous times, who knows !

Edited by DannyUK (05/20/23 08:40 PM)

#508305 - 05/21/23 01:44 AM Re: New Yamaha Genos, Where? [Re: Robbo]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Gear Lust is always a problem, however ask yourself if you really need an upgrade (If one does come out) as it will not help you play any better, that can only be done by Knuckling down and practice, practice, practice.

Have you delved into all the features on your Genos by creating your own custom styles sounds and pre-sets etc. (In most cases existing instruments can be just as good (Or better) as new instruments), as it will be your own, rather just some new factory (Not yours) stuff. (Which means you will sound the same as everybody else that buys one)

If you really want to push the boat out why not try something new by adding a TRX system http://trxsystem.co.uk/ and learn more playing skills, rather than just playing along to what's already there.

Just a few thoughts.

Bill

#508312 - 05/24/23 11:42 AM Re: New Yamaha Genos, Where? [Re: Robbo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
@Robbo

You got any particular wishlist for features?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online