SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#507399 - 01/09/23 05:15 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Paul, Congrats on the new piano, Beautiful trio, your wife the piano and a first class guy.

+++++++

#507400 - 01/09/23 05:53 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: Stephenm52]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

There's nothing like an acoustic piano in my book. Way back in 1975-78, I worked for the Steinway dealer in Providence, Rhode Island. Wow, there was nothing like playing the concert grands either the 9-foot Model D or even the 7-foot Model B.

You rarely see me post here and I think Chas helps explain why.

That sure is a nice piano...Paul looks pretty happy.

Like you, Steve, I was fortunate to work for a major piano company and was lucky enough to play on some awesome grands and even got to play Elton John's red piano.

Also, like you, I don't post much anymore...Chas explained it for me, as well.

Good to see you pop in, nevertheless. smile

Ian

#507401 - 01/09/23 06:48 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks so much Ian and Stephan. I didn’t know you were in the piano business. Anyways, thanks for stopping by, always nice to hear from you both.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507402 - 01/09/23 10:30 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
zuki Offline

Fabulous pic. Great to see so many beauties in one room (as a couple and an awesome piano).

Funny, don't check in that often, but have been wanting to just get an acoustic to play around on. You have further inspired me.

I admire you both for loving the same thing. That is very difficult to find these days.

BTW, like Stephen said, you are a class act my friend.

Jim

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#507407 - 01/10/23 05:52 AM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: zuki]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By zuki
Fabulous pic. Great to see so many beauties in one room (as a couple and an awesome piano).

Funny, don't check in that often, but have been wanting to just get an acoustic to play around on. You have further inspired me.

I admire you both for loving the same thing. That is very difficult to find these days.

BTW, like Stephen said, you are a class act my friend.

Jim

Thank you Jim for those kind words. I’d say if you the desire,, space, budget, and you are willing to maintain an acoustic piano, go for it. There’s lots of good deals on used pianos, it takes of lot of patience shifting through the junk, but the search was kind of fun. Try find a good tech and mover too. As great as digital pianos are, there something very special about an acoustic, the way it fills the room naturally with its sound, and it can be an impressive fixture to your home. It might even inspire the kids, grandkids or other family members to play.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#507416 - 01/10/23 03:43 PM Re: "new" piano pics [Re: montunoman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry chas but it ain’t about me. If your ‘solution’ to being unwilling to offer a different opinion if you don’t agree is to tell everyone that you don’t want to hear any opinions at all, what are you doing on a forum?

We have a forum for threads with nothing to do with music, playing music, comparing gear, offering advice, where you can discuss your kids and your ailments and your garden projects all you like…

It’s called The Bar. It doesn’t seem like you want to use it for that. You want to use the General Arranger Forum as your own fiefdom to discuss, let’s face it, bloody near anything BUT music. That’s not how this forum is organized.

If you want to have a discussion that’s nothing to do with music, take it there. You won’t find me there at all. Nirvana!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online