SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#507633 - 02/15/23 04:57 PM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I put the finishing touches on the red oak end table, attached the legs and it tips the scale at about 50 pounds. The legs of made of welded steel and finished with flat-black crackle paint.

Attachments
Oak end table..jpg

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#507733 - 02/24/23 12:08 PM Re: My latest project - non music related [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
As it turns out, the guitar project didn't go as planned. While the slab I finished for the body looks fantastic, it's, unfortunately, not thick enough to allow the Fender guitar neck to be fit in place and also the electronics were project too high above the face of the body. Therefore, I will order some table legs and turn it into a beautiful, end table. Not a total loss. What is really neat is when you look at the wood from different anglers, it changes the appearance of the grain pattern, somewhat like a hologram.

Another fun day in Paradise,

Gary cool

Attachments
Guitar back side.jpg

Guitar front side.jpg

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online