SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50641 - 11/06/07 08:00 AM UK Technics Get Together - Cambridge
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Just thought I would submit my thanks to Roger Mepstead and Midge Gibbs who worked so hard to organise this event and also to Audrey who I understand also made a sterling effort to make sure that the accomodation/hotel and I am sure other things were suitable.

It was really great to meet fellow players whose names I had only seen on the forum and put a face to them - I felt that I had known them for years.

There were also new faces/names who it was very pleasant to meet. One of them turned out to be from the same town where I was born and it was strange how our lives had followed similar patterns in that we had joined the WRAC in my case and WRAF in hers when we were 17. She also has the Music Pad Pro and we were able to swop notes/ideas and I know we will keep in touch.

The tips/tuition where invaluable and will stand me in good stead.

I came home with the determination to be more adventurous in looking at the KN7000 in more depth and if nothing else to be more disciplined in tackling one thing at a time - if anyone has any idea of how this can be done please jot it down on the back of a postage stamp and send it to me!!!

Great job done by all - lovely to meet you all - Joan

#50642 - 11/06/07 04:34 PM Re: UK Technics Get Together - Cambridge
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I'll second what you have said about the Cambridge Event Joan. It was very well done by Roger, Bill and Midge and I know we ALL learned a great deal. I, for one, was more than surprised at what I did NOT know about the KN7000, and like many others will enjoy investigating further and using the 'tips' given so generously.

Apart from the learning curve, we had some very talented musicians in attendance and it was a pleasure to listen to them play. They were an inspiration to us all, particularly Phil Newell who played his very own compositions - something I've never even thought about trying to do! For those who were unable to come, you missed a really good evening's entertainment.

Yes! the whole weekend was a great success and the feedback from the Cambridge attendees is that it was excellent and very enjoyable and they are already asking if it is to be repeated next year - who knows?

Finally, like Joan I was very pleased to put faces to the familiar names and who until now I only knew as my 'virtual' friends (as my grandchildren say) and whilst on this subject, I would like to thank Nigel, for if it weren't for this very pleasant, friendly and informative site, this event would not have taken place and we would not have had the pleasure of meeting each other in person, so thank you Nigel for all your help with this too.

Audrey

#50643 - 11/09/07 01:15 AM Re: UK Technics Get Together - Cambridge
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
I would like to thank Nigel, for if it weren't for this very pleasant, friendly and informative site, this event would not have taken place and we would not have had the pleasure of meeting each other in person, so thank you Nigel for all your help with this too.

Audrey

I'm so pleased to be able to help provide an online community where musicians around the world can meet and organize a get together like this. It certainly sounds like it was a real success.

#50644 - 11/09/07 04:40 AM Re: UK Technics Get Together - Cambridge
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
We yanks know what fun it is to have a keyboard convention, having three with the fourth coming in March. Hope you will continue yearly and supply some pics for all to enjoy.

If the dollar will reverse its fall, maybe some of us will attend in the coming years.

Fran in SC

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online