SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#505730 - 05/28/22 11:31 AM The Elephant in the Room j
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Nothing political here, just wanted to acknowledge the sadness and grief most of us feel from the horrific events of the past week. I've always felt that as a community of artists and musicians, we were above and immune from this kind of hate and divisiveness, but in truth, no one is. I try to suppress my anger and my disappointment in the society we've allowed to develop, but I grieve for these people; some with lives well lived, some with lives barely begun.

It would be easy to pass this off as a 'one-off', the act of disturbed teens, but we would only be deluding ourselves if we accepted this sorry DEFLECTIVE reasoning as the explanation for these horrific acts.

As a life-long atheist, I have no prayers to offer up for these poor victims, but if I DID pray, it would be for that segment of the living who helped create the environment for these things to happen. Sure, gun control legislation is good, mental health services should be more accessible, etc., etc., but I think a little 'ACCEPT THY NEIGHBOR' might go a lot further. BTW, an AR-15 costs about the same as a nice keyboard or PA system. Choose wisely.

chas

#505731 - 05/28/22 01:57 PM Re: The Elephant in the Room j [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Me, too! AS one who uses more words than sense, sometimes, I can't define my sadness.

I can think of nothing that makes me want to keep my family and friends, including you tone-deaf mutts (LOL) close.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online