SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#505647 - 05/18/22 10:59 AM I'm not dead, Yet!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, my health has deteriorated to the point where I am rarely active on this and a couple other forums. I have never been this sick in my entire life and unless the doctors can help, which I seriously doubt, the grim reaper is lurking just around the corner and will soon be knocking on the front door.

I rarely turn on the PC at all, except to write a check and pay a few bills. I have lost my ability to do much of anything, have not turned on the keyboard in a couple weeks, lost 45 pounds, lost my sense of small and taste for food, and when a pretty lady comes here, I rarely look up. I just sit in a recliner and watch You Tube shows on TV, then try to get some sleep. I do my best to take care of Carol, but this is now a real struggle and I must hire someone to come and spend a few hours a day with her.

Wish I could do more, but slowly dying is not at all easy. I will have my daughter notify the forums upon my passing.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#505648 - 05/18/22 12:11 PM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Just know Gary, I like many others wish you well, and appreciate all you have done for our community. We love you, man !

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#505649 - 05/18/22 12:35 PM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: montunoman]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, I understand, there is not much time left; and that is life. Having Parkinson’s disease and being 90, puts me in the same place.
Your life has been helping others, being a friend, caring --- giving of yourself. Your body may be fading, but your mind is still pretty sharp. When it is your time, you will be leaving a life many dream about.

I guess what I am trying to say; you are a rich man --- keep your thoughts on how your life was, and how it is still is being blessed.

A mind that is able to share its final curtain; WOW!
Gary, I love what you’re about, John C.

PS, I am an elder in my church –just spent 1 ½ hours with a young man who was troubled.

#505650 - 05/18/22 01:19 PM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, I'm not in quite as bad a shape as you describe but I'm knocking on the door. I don't dwell on it 'cause what's the point. I've had a good run (as have you) and now I take a lot of pleasure in just relaxing and remembering the good times; the great wines I've tasted, the women I've loved, the great musicians I've had the good fortune to play with, and the incredible friends I've made over the years (many are gone now but I still remember them fondly). Mostly, I've been given the great gift of seeing my children grow up to become fine, productive citizens (I mostly credit my late wife for that) who themselves have given me grandchildren to be proud of.

I don't look forward to leaving this planet but I don't live in dread of it either. It's something all of us are going to have to face sooner or later. I have no regrets....well, there are a couple of ladies that...well that's another story smile. Also, since I never bothered to downsize, I now wish I'd gotten that real B3/Leslie instead of going out with a 'clonewheel' as my legacy smile. Anyhow, since I'm still playing (at half speed smile ), I threw this little tune together. Played it from memory so hope you recognize it. Not your type of music I know, but the sentiment's there. I botched the ending but too lazy to do it over. Put on your headset of some big speakers and turn it up.

https://app.box.com/s/mk61ey59ixf93sg5msbpd8f1binr1lgy

chas

#505651 - 05/18/22 03:07 PM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: travlin'easy]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
My dear friend Gary,

The end of life is part of life.

Thank you for sharing some of yours with all of us. You have taught me many things and you certainly qualify as a mentor for so many. Not everyone can live long enough to share all of their life's highlights and prepare for their final grace. I hope we get a few more posts from you as long as you are able. I am stubborn......I don't give up my friends easily!!! -charley

#505652 - 05/19/22 12:51 AM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: travlin'easy]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am saddened by the posts of two giants of our forum, but then realize I am close behind. I believe we should accept the inevitable with as much grace and cheer as we can muster. but the fat lady hasn't had her swan song quite yet.
ps
Nice job Chas.

#505653 - 05/19/22 10:08 AM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: Bernie9]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I regret that it took many years before I really thought about contacting Gary on a regular basis. Differences and all, I began to incorporate the contacts into the list of daily hi-lights.

I am in my late 70's and feeling the changes. Gary deserved the recognition plaque I came up with.

Chas is equally deserving of recognition, but if I made a plaque, he'd probably make me eat it!

These two guys are as polar opposite as you can get. I am in the middle and think the world of BOTH of them.

Let's all be nice to those close to us. A friend here recently said he was sorry only to see family members at funerals.

Let's all try to keep those important to us as close as we can.

Best personal regards to all,

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (05/19/22 12:32 PM)

#505654 - 05/19/22 01:12 PM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Chas, I remember that song well, and you did a fantastic job with it.

Thanks for thinking of me and all those wonderful comments, everyone.

Love you all,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#505655 - 05/19/22 04:12 PM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Hello Gary; I know it's naive of me to believe that you are wrong with your anticipations and you'll be with us for one or two decades more, but this is the way how I see you, strong and cheerful;

I want to thank you for keeping the things alive and interesting during all these years; hope it sounds fine;

Regards!

Sergey

#505657 - 05/20/22 06:14 AM Re: I'm not dead, Yet! [Re: travlin'easy]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Dear Gary , Sorry to read you are having a really tough time .
You have always been a credit to this forum always willing to help and share your knowledge with us all . you have inspired many people and been a true friend to all of us

You are in my thoughts and prayers ... God Bless you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online