SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#505595 - 05/10/22 12:06 PM Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
For anyone attending NAMM 2022, Nigel's memorial tribute for his contribution to music will take place on Friday, June 3 at 5:30 pm in the Idea Center (in the lobby of the Convention Center). The Tribute program set for this Friday, which will be Live Streamed on the NAMM website for those unable to attend in person.

Edited by Kerry (06/02/22 01:50 PM)

#505598 - 05/10/22 02:26 PM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Nigel]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Wish I could go, but congrats on a great gift of music and friendship to all of us and countless other friends.
MEL

Edited by organgrinder (05/10/22 02:27 PM)

#505602 - 05/10/22 04:03 PM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wish I could be there. Nigel was my hero!

#505607 - 05/11/22 10:05 AM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Diki]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
How GREAT! No one deserves it more.

I miss my friend and regret we never got to play together.

Kerry gets my vote is a superb life partner.

Russ

#505612 - 05/12/22 11:56 AM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Nigel]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I miss him dearly, and wish I could attend.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#505614 - 05/12/22 04:06 PM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Nigel]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Any plans to stream it, Kerry?

#505658 - 05/20/22 09:17 AM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Nigel]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico

I will try to get away from my booth, I will be at the NAMM working demonstrating the Yamaha Expansion Packs for the PSR SX series, I remember Nigel he came with his wife to the arranger booth and greeted with a big smile....the last NAMM before the COVID19.

Manuel

#505659 - 05/20/22 10:44 AM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: mdorantes]
Kerry Online   content

Look forward to seeing you again!

#505787 - 06/02/22 01:51 PM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Diki]
Kerry Online   content

The Tribute program set for this Friday, which will be Live Streamed on the NAMM website for those unable to attend in person.

#505901 - 06/12/22 09:40 AM Re: Tribute to Nigel at 2022 NAMM [Re: Kerry]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Local TV mentioned Nigel in their NAMM report thought you might like a gander at the transcript.

ANAHEIM, Calif.-The National Association of Music Merchants Show, known as the NAMM Show returned to the Anaheim Convention Center after COVID cancellations.

Business owners including Apogee’s CEO and co-founder said she has been looking forward to it.
"It is just so nice to be back and see our friends, customers and as you can see the show is really really busy."
The show attracted businesses such as Seymour Duncan and musicians from the Central Coast.

Christian Pelonis of the Santa Barbara County band Loc Dawgs said, "It is cool to be around so many people who are passionate about what they do."

Santa Barbara native Jenni Ogden of 4DFUN showed off some of The latest technology.
“What we are doing is capturing artists performances in 4d and porting them in the Meta verse" said Ogden, " It's the future, future platform, future format for artists and it is also very important for artists to step into this future in a way where they own their digital selves so their digital performances and their legacy for this future.”

Artists come in for free to be captured with a technology called volumetric capture.

The official launch is June 9, and during the summer artists will be able to check it out at nothingtoseehere.io and download the platform.

NAMM also paid tribute to 311 people passed away during the pandemic including Ventura Synth Zone creator Nigel Spencer.

His widow Kerry O’Connell called the memorial service bittersweet.

"He has been a local musician in Ventura for 17 years, we both came from Australia 32 years ago, his dream" said O'Connell, " He wrote computer games as a real job, but his hobby was Synth Zone, just a library of information on synthesizers."

Artists also gave back during the NAMM Show.

Photographer Neal Preston donated book and poster sales to a “Behind the Scenes” a Nonprofit that helps roadies.

"Behind the Scenes" is a great organization, as I have said many times, people think rock 'n' roll concerts just land from outer space, you know, onto Madison Square Garden or the Forum in Englewood, and it doesn't happen like that," said Preston. " Road crews work their butts off 24/7 to get those shows up and running and to tear them down when they are done moving onto the next city and these guys work, I think no one works harder than a rock 'n' roll roadie and it is hard work, the pay is not great, there are some fringe benefits, but I would have no career if it wasn't for road crew, every road crew I have ever worked with, so it is literally the least I can do to give back."

The NAMM show also honored some big names including Kenny Loggins who received the Music for Life Awards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online