SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#504459 - 12/11/21 05:45 AM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: LeonB]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By LeonB
Hello Danny,

these are Styles from KN6000
KN6000Style

Hi Leon,

I've tested these files and I don't think that's all of the KN6500 styles? There's a specific style I am looking for, I think its called ModSoulBallad in the BALLAD section and I can't see it in any of the 5 files, just wondered if it wasn't saved?

Other than that, the rest are fantastic, and I am beginning to think that some of the 6000/6500 styles are actually better than the ones in the KN7000, some of the Latin ones for example are exceptional.

Thanks very much.

Edit... Right so there is ModSoulBallad in the KN7000 but it's completely different to the one in the KN6500 and not as good, I much prefer the KN6500 version of it. I wonder how many more are different even though they have the same name?

Edited by DannyUK (12/11/21 06:16 AM)

#504460 - 12/11/21 06:28 AM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: DannyUK]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
Hi Danny
I don't know what's in the packages I put for download, I used KN7000 a long time ago. The last package is from KN6000, maybe he didn't have the same Stye as KN65000.
I'm glad you found good rhythms.

#504461 - 12/11/21 06:32 AM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: DannyUK]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Leon,

Thank you, yes that's fair enough, one would have probably assumed they would be the same if they were called the same and thought not to save them, makes sense but it's not when you put them side by side you can hear the big differences.

I will have to learn how to put the internal styles into the custom banks and save them myself but I don't know how to do that yet.

All the best,
Danny

Edited by DannyUK (12/11/21 06:32 AM)

#504465 - 12/12/21 05:40 AM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: DannyUK]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
Internal Style must first be copied to COMPOSER (A; B, C)
Manual page 119

After that, each memory (A, B, C) can be switched to CUSTOM.
Manual page 121

Style located in COMPOSER under A memory, you copy to CUSTOM location 1. COMPOSER B goes to CUSTOM 2 and so on until you fill all 20 locations in CUSTOM.

#504484 - 12/14/21 12:06 PM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: DannyUK]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Leon,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed after spending most of Saturday learning about this keyboard it's now very easy to use! For me, the OS reminds me a little of GEM's OS whilst also having traits of Korg, but more GEM, especially the WK8.

As you say, port the styles into those 3 memory banks and then from there into the CUSTON area, very simple but very time consuming as well. I don't know why there is the limitation of 3 (I am sure it's probably been discussed here many times and I am 20 years too late lol!!), but I would have thought there would be no reason to have at least 10 memory spaces especially on the KN7000.

I will say the KN's are fantastic keyboards, some of the styles are beautiful, some of the sounds still hold up today as well.

This is going to sound odd, but I do prefer the styles of the KN6500 overall so I am glad I've copied them all across now.

All the best,
Danny

#504494 - 12/14/21 02:58 PM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: DannyUK]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi danny,
If you have not already discovered it, check out SOUND EXPLORER, for an abundance of voice variations..
You will be more than pleased.

Ray

#504503 - 12/15/21 09:16 AM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: DannyUK]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
''As you say, port the styles into those 3 memory banks and then from there into the CUSTON area, very simple but very time consuming as well. I don't know why there is the limitation of 3 (I am sure it's probably been discussed here many times and I am 20 years too late lol!!), but I would have thought there would be no reason to have at least 10 memory spaces especially on the KN7000.''
Not sure why you are doing this Danny - rather than leaving them in the memory banks and saving them to SD Card...

#504522 - 12/16/21 10:56 AM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: RMepstead]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By RMepstead

Not sure why you are doing this Danny - rather than leaving them in the memory banks and saving them to SD Card...

Hi Roger, it could be it's because I am still learning!

However, I am only guessing here, but by doing this are you not saving them as single styles rather than in a "group" or "bank" of them, eg, 20 at a time, which is how I ideally would like to load them as?

#504524 - 12/17/21 05:13 AM Re: New to Technics & some help to get started. [Re: DannyUK]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yes. It takes about one and a half seconds to load each new style set from SD Card into the keyboard and ready to play.
I guess the only reason you would want to collect a 'bank' of them together is if you were running straight on from song to song with no gap in between.
The SD Card has a built in neat filing system of 99 banks with space in each bank for 20 songs - so that's close to 2000 songs all on one SD Card.
A bit more complicated than maybe you want right now but there is also software available that enables you to swap each song around on the SD Card should you need to do so. However one step at a time eh....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online