SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#504040 - 10/11/21 08:50 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: LeonB]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By LeonB
Paul, you got good advice on returning the Packs that are missing. However, for your registrations to work properly, you need to install Packs in the same order as before deleting. This is determined by the LSB position.
This is not mentioned in the video, and it is very important when you have install more than one Pack.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/PmqB_FtxapQ?t=115[/video]

Now that I did not know. Installing Packs in the same order they were deleted can be a guessing game. Yamaha needs a way to save a backup of Expansion Packs so that they can be reloaded in the correct order for registrations to work properly.

I always assumed that registrations were a direct link to styles, sounds, DSP's etc. and would work as long as those styles, sounds, DSP's, etc were available to link to a USB or user memory files. Why should it make any difference when those style packs were reloaded?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#504042 - 10/11/21 11:17 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yeah Larry, if packs have to in the same order as originally loaded, that sucks ... !

Anyhow, I've downloaded the YEM, and most of the expansion packs that I need, and watched a bunch of videos ...

If I understand correctly the expansion packs should should with the letters "PPF" but mine end with the letters "CPF"

Does this matter? If so, how do I get the file to end with the letters "PPF"

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504045 - 10/11/21 12:33 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
OK, I got it all worked out now, and I'm ready for my gigs!

Thanks to everyone especially Larry Hawk and Manuel Dorantes who even offered consult me over the phone. Luckily Manuel's video tutorial was clear enough for someone like me, who suffers from " cyberphobia" LOL

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#504046 - 10/11/21 12:37 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: montunoman]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
Originally Posted By lahawk

Now that I did not know. Installing Packs in the same order they were deleted can be a guessing game. Yamaha needs a way to save a backup of Expansion Packs so that they can be reloaded in the correct order for registrations to work properly.

I always assumed that registrations were a direct link to styles, sounds, DSP's etc. and would work as long as those styles, sounds, DSP's, etc were available to link to a USB or user memory files. Why should it make any difference when those style packs were reloaded?

I agree that Yamaha must make it easier to Backup what we have in YEM. But there is a way to do it in a workaround, I explained in a video I linked in a previous post.

When we enter a new package in YEM, it is inserted into the first free bank (LSB). If there is no PACK in YEM, then they are installed in the order in which we enter them - 000, 001, 002 ... This order is important if we used Registrations that call some content, Voice, Style, Multipad ... Let's say Registration # 1 calls MyStyle01 located in the PackCasper that is installed in the first position (LSB = 000). And we deleted PackCasper and entered a new PackLeonB. PackLeonB will be positioned at LSB = 000. Registration # 1 cannot find MyStyle now, Registration is invalid. We now insert PackCasper but its 000 location is no longer free and it is placed on the first blank LSB.
I hope I was able to explain why LSB is important. The position of the Pack can also be changed later, here is how.

Change Bank select LSB

#504048 - 10/11/21 01:15 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The devil is in the details… 👹😂

There are a lot of keyboards that can fool you into thinking that they SHOULD be tracking the actual content, but are only tracking location slots.

We get so used to computers being able to track every file by name and type etc., but sadly that functionality has made it to very few keyboards. So when you move stuff around, insert stuff (hence mess with the order of a list) and do restores and backup, just be aware that you are potentially breaking whatever registration system your keyboard uses….

Keeping a log of what you do goes a long way to helping you recover from things like this. In ten years time, how you going to remember in what order you installed your expansion packs?! 🤪🎹😎

#504049 - 10/11/21 01:29 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: Diki]
LeonB Online   content

Loc: Croatia
You should know that the names of the Packs we see installed in the keyboard are not the same as when they are stacked in YEM. If we look at Voices, the middle number indicates LSB.
MSB-LSB-PCG

The layout of all Packages is easiest to memorize with capture screen. Then we are sure where what is.

LSB Print Screen

#504125 - 10/25/21 09:49 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Montunoman

I am sorry that I just readed your predicamente, but, please, empty your Private messages, I wanted to write to you and also to exchange phones....but, I could not because your PM box is full....

Thank also to Larry, because of him, I became aware of your situation.....
I hope the people that install this pack can use it not only to play Latino music, you actually can use it to play any ballads or Boleros....Rhumbas as some people refer to those.

And please, if you use the Yamaha Expansion Manager and add several expansion packs, to save it into a Install file, PLEASE Only use CPI.

I hope all of you enjoy the Romance Latino.

I also want to make CLEAR, I am just part of a Great Team of Yamaha Corporation of America.....Chris Anthony has way more credit than I do....his Genius and talent, as the same for Ben Israel, etc....

Manuel Dorantes

#504126 - 10/25/21 10:54 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: mdorantes]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By mdorantes

Manuel,
I'm very grateful for those styles, I simply love to play along with it! 🎵🎹🎵
Many thanks to everyone involved in the production! 👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#504175 - 10/29/21 05:09 PM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: lahawk]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry , thank you for the info on the pack. Have a bit of catching up to do.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#504179 - 10/30/21 10:47 AM Re: New Expansion Pack [Re: rikkisbears]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Larry , thank you for the info on the pack. Have a bit of catching up to do.

Sure Rikki, and good to hear from you again. Hope everything is ok.

Originally Posted By mdorantes
Manuel Dorantes

Yes definitely enjoying this pack Manny. Well done. And don't overlook the multi pads that are really good, not only with this pack, but with other Latino styles and registrations.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online