SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#503970 - 10/05/21 09:03 AM Just Curious??????
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Has anyone bought, pre-bought, or had ANY dealings with CME ("Thomas from CME") with any of their products (or proposed products - are any actually in production?). They could be very useful to some IF they exist. Thanks.

chas

#503972 - 10/05/21 09:40 AM Re: Just Curious?????? [Re: cgiles]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I bought their wireless MIDI dongles that I believe were released in 2019. They work, but one side (the receiver I think) requires USB power, which adds bulk and complexity if you're trying to use it in a truly wireless way. Since I was already using a power bank to power the MIDI module that they were plugged into, in my case a USB connection was available. But to some that could be a deal-breaker. Especially because a lot of those USB power banks shut down if the current draw isn't above a certain threshold! I didn't notice any latency on the MIDI side, but my controller was only transmitting the most basic note on and note off messages. FWIW.

Edited by TedS (10/05/21 04:31 PM)
Edit Reason: grammar

#503974 - 10/05/21 10:01 AM Re: Just Curious?????? [Re: cgiles]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Do I detect a keytar desire, Chas?! 😂🎹

To be honest, I see little use for wireless MIDI for anything else, the complexity and latency (it’s there, whether you notice it or not, particularly Bluetooth) make it not worth the bother on a static rig, IMHO.

I’m still an enthusiastic keytar user, though, mostly because, if you have any guitar chops at all, the pitch strip combined with that natural hand position make for an utterly intuitive way of performing bends, scoops, hammer-on/offs and natural finger vibrato compared to using pitch strips on keyboards that your hand is above. I honestly feel most comfortable and in command of where I want the sound’s pitch to go using a keytar!

#503984 - 10/07/21 01:19 AM Re: Just Curious?????? [Re: cgiles]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have a virtually new Roland Lucina if you can use one. I never learned to use it in the accordion
position. I bought it at Reverb as leftover stock from a music store.

Bernie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online