SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#503830 - 09/17/21 11:30 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By Crossover
Abba's comeback has struck me!

Don't Shut Me Down - my piano version purely by ear... (I know, not specifically fitting the arranger topic)

Hi Rachel,

That was an excellent recreation of ABBA's newest hit that you played by the ear!
Very melodious and impressive.

Thanks for sharing!

MIDIspot has just released a MIDI file for the GENOS on Don't Shut Me Down.

ABBA is making a grand comeback. Here is their 1 hour live stream of ABBA Voyage explaining how they would deliver the live experience to their audience with digital avatars.

They are building a special arena in London just for this event.

#503832 - 09/17/21 02:45 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I saw about the digital avatars… To be honest, I’m rather disappointed. Are we so youth obsessed that we are no longer willing to try making and selling music the way we actually look?

Thank God Keith Richards hasn’t done this yet!

#503834 - 09/17/21 03:51 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Tapas, thanks a lot.
Diki, I think this is a very special unique case, there has never ever been a legendary band before that had a 40 years break and then released new music. The Stones are not comparable. Under these special circumstances I can understand they are doing it this way. And they don‘t hide what they look like today.

#503842 - 09/18/21 08:23 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Tapas Offline

Hi Rachael,

It looks like you may be one of the first few in the world to recreate ABBA's two latest hits on the piano and share your performance on YouTube.

Here is Rico's energetic and highly entertaining cover of Don't Me Shut Down on the Roland G70/Yamaha GENOS.

Here is a another joyful and fantastic vocal cover by Emilia Sjöholm. Her enthusiam and happiness is so infectious.

Here is another wonderful vocal cover by Hannah Goodall.

The messsage is so positive and powerful.

There are 8 billion of us on this planet. What if we could all unite with one voice and share our happiness and joy in all different ways we can through all avenues we excel in? There is so much talent so much potential that lies hidden. If some day by some magical force we get to focus this power we can move mountains, we can bring heaven on earth.

#503871 - 09/26/21 04:53 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Actually I have not once in my life bought or downloaded any midi file for playing along. If I use sequencer files, I create them myself. I have started creating a sequencer file of Don't Shut Me Down, again by ear. This is a teaser of it, not yet complete nor perfect, just a start... I had to fiddle around editing this lead synth sound so that it has this portato/legato bend effect.

#503872 - 09/27/21 04:50 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Tapas Offline

Wow Rachael,

That sounded marvelous!

You are a gifted musician. It requires talent and training to play a song by the ear and then create a MIDI sequence for it fleshing out a multi-track backing accompaniment.

Your performance just brightened up my day.

Looking forward to your finished song.

David

#503873 - 09/27/21 06:05 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes, I agree with David and it sounds like an interesting project doing the music ABBA instrumentally . Learning their music in such detail, especially by ear , will give you greater insight on how they constructed their music. Best wishes to you on this endeavor.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#503911 - 09/28/21 04:36 PM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Thank you for your nice words! Yes, it‘s a nice way to learn about arrangements and how a typical sound is created.

#503963 - 10/04/21 06:49 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

I don‘t know when I will continue this. Lots of doctors‘ visits with my 93-y-old mom etc. at the moment, it may take a while…

#503964 - 10/04/21 07:39 AM Re: New ABBA-mania - Live Piano Version [Re: Crossover]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Crossover, if you are enjoying what you are doing,
nothing else is very important.

John C.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online