SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#503542 - 08/14/21 05:33 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thank you, Gary and Diki, I appreciate your concern. Still, don’t really think that I’m going to change anything as I tried a lot of different positions and ended up with the one which works for me. If I move lower or higher it affects my playing immediately.

Now thinking about it I remembered one evening, I was rehearsing some songs with some woman, they had some Yamaha PSR-E313 or so, and some plain chair, and I had to put something between me and a chair, once the object was found I was ready to play. It was almost 7 years ago, I was slimmer and had hair, but used to be more nervous about anything than I’m now :-)

The songs were not written by me, I guess that’s why I didn’t pursue that projects. The lady was a full-time singer back then, but as far as I know today she works at a bank and enjoying it. Well, a single mother with two children has to be flexible. The video was taken in Moscow, if it makes it to appear fancier ;-)

#503544 - 08/14/21 06:04 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: Kabinopus]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank you Kabinopus for sharing your SX 900 concert and reversal with the lovely singer. Both were very enjoyable.

I was just wondering if you have employed the chord looper on the SX 900 into your playing? I recently acquired a SX 900 as well, and this feature alone made it worth the upgrade from the 950. As Diki often says, the chord looper is a “ game changer” and I would imagine a keyboardist with your impressive skill set and talent , could achieve some amazing results with the chord looper.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#503545 - 08/14/21 08:24 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: montunoman]
Kabinopus Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Thank you Kabinopus for sharing your SX 900 concert and reversal with the lovely singer. Both were very enjoyable.

I was just wondering if you have employed the chord looper on the SX 900 into your playing? I recently acquired a SX 900 as well, and this feature alone made it worth the upgrade from the 950. As Diki often says, the chord looper is a “ game changer” and I would imagine a keyboardist with your impressive skill set and talent , could achieve some amazing results with the chord looper.

Thank you for your kind words, Montunoman; I tried the looper a few times, it worked well; but I guess I’m more comfortable when nothing is predetermined. For this reason I don’t really enjoy playing in a band or with backing tracks, I need to feel that I can go anywhere I want. I’m not saying that my way is any better than any other way, if we all followed the same rules all our music would sound the same :-)

#503547 - 08/14/21 02:46 PM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: travlin'easy]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

:

A 28 lbs stool? Pass! It’s amazing how 30lbs+ is too much for a quality keyboard, but then we lug stuff around at least as heavy for little reason… 😂

#503552 - 08/15/21 08:42 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: Kabinopus]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
With my transport setup using the Rock and Roller R-10, I only had to move it a couple feet from the van to the cart, and then a few feet from the cart to the stage area. Very easy to lift and transport. My total time setting up, including unloading all the gear from my van and setting up to perform, taking my time (because I'm old and slow) is about 10 minutes. Everything is streamlined and modified to make all this an easy task. Also, notice the top rack I designed to hold the keyboard, X-stand and speaker extensions. Also, you'll see that I use the keyboard case as a work table while setting up, and a storage compartment for all the bags and covers while I'm working. Not so for most of the arranger keyboard players I've seen on my travels up and down the east coast, and other states. Check out my setup video.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (08/15/21 08:48 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#503553 - 08/15/21 09:11 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: Kabinopus]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Nice sounding piano, and your music is certainly relaxing and pleasing to listen to. Latin styles on the SX-900 are awesome, and you played along very nicely.

You should have a look at the free packs available from Yamaha

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#503555 - 08/15/21 11:12 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: lahawk]
Kabinopus Offline

Originally Posted By lahawk

Nice sounding piano, and your music is certainly relaxing and pleasing to listen to. Latin styles on the SX-900 are awesome, and you played along very nicely.

You should have a look at the free packs available from Yamaha

Thank you, Larry; I think there was a Latin pack pre-installed and it was removed when I installed other packs. Thought, it seems that all pre-installed packs can be restored by the instrument itself, which means that they are just hidden. But I tried them at first and thought that I didn’t need them much.

Yamaha surely did some questionable job with relocating and renaming styles. What used to be “guitar ballad” now is “Irish pop ballad”; and I have to look for some Latin styles in such categories as “Ballroom” or “Jazz”. I guess, it’s a human nature. Even when the best decision is to do nothing, the urge to do at least something is irresistible.

#503559 - 08/16/21 06:45 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: Kabinopus]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Yes, relocating styles was not the best move by Yamaha. I do find the search function really handy, along with saving to "favorites" another way of quickly accessing those styles.

Almost all Yamaha packs are now free, and if you can master YEM, you can pick, choose, and save only those pack styles you really like.

Have fun, and thanks for your videos smile

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#503860 - 09/24/21 12:04 PM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: Kabinopus]
Kerry Online   content

Thank you for posting this Kabinopus, I have been playing this repeatedly as my 'comfort' music for weeks now. The hardest thing about losing Nigel is not hearing him tinkling in his studio!

#503868 - 09/26/21 09:22 AM Re: My Yamaha PSR-SX900 Concert [Re: Kerry]
Kabinopus Offline

Originally Posted By Kerry
Thank you for posting this Kabinopus, I have been playing this repeatedly as my 'comfort' music for weeks now. The hardest thing about losing Nigel is not hearing him tinkling in his studio!

Thank you, Kerry!

It’s nice to know that playing some music can be helpful for someone else :-)

Perhaps, people close to us stay with us forever, even if we are parted with them, they keep influence us.

Certainly I wish there was some version of the world where everyone can be with anybody without so many obstacles and limitations; maybe someday we’ll discover it; for now we have to play our parts trying to make the best of what we got.

Well, I didn’t want my message to be too short, so I allowed myself to say things like that.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online