SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#50331 - 08/07/03 07:51 AM Re: What does track 4 do in Easy Record Mode?
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Now I'm more confused on this Part 4 issue!

On page 48 of the KN7000 Operating Instructions book on the topic of Technichord it says: "In the case of EASY RECORD (see page79), when set to CONDUCTOR or a part other than PART 4, the TECHNI-CHORD sound is not recorded; so when you use EASY RECORD, please set to one or the other.

However I tried setting it to CONDUCTOR, right 1, and right 2 and I sure seemed to be getting the Technichord when I did an EASY RECORD.

Marilyn

#50332 - 08/07/03 10:39 AM Re: What does track 4 do in Easy Record Mode?
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Marilyn,
I am afraid that the Japanese translation was not quit well . In the dutch Manual is the same translation as you quoted. And to me it seems it is not good translated/ described. When Easy Record Method is used, the orchestrator only works in: Conductor, R1,R2,Lft, AND in part 4.(not in part 1,2 etc.). I think, this would be the correct description, for better understanding.

Cees

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Boissoneault:
Now I'm more confused on this Part 4 issue!

On page 48 of the KN7000 Operating Instructions book on the topic of Technichord it says: "In the case of EASY RECORD (see page79), when set to CONDUCTOR or a part other than PART 4, the TECHNI-CHORD sound is not recorded; so when you use EASY RECORD, please set to one or the other.

However I tried setting it to CONDUCTOR, right 1, and right 2 and I sure seemed to be getting the Technichord when I did an EASY RECORD.

Marilyn

#50333 - 08/07/03 04:24 PM Re: What does track 4 do in Easy Record Mode?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Graham, On the KN6000, Part 4 operates in Easy Record, exactly the same as it does on the KN7000 - just as I described above. However, I suppose if you did a complete Real Time Record sequence, you may be able to assign Part 4 to other functions - I've never tried it
As far as the KN Manual is concerned, I think it must be an error in translation on Page 48.
I omitted to mention the ability to control the relative volume level of the harmony, by using Part 4 - thanks to Mike and Marilyn for poining this out. This is a very useful function since it is often the case, when using CONDUCTOR, that the harmony drowns the melody note.
To extend this thought a little further, if you don't want to use RT2 voice as a melody voice, you can assign Technichord to RIGHT2, but don't select it on the front panel. You can then select the Harmony voice Instrument more easily, by just selecting it in the 'Sound Group', without having to go through the 'Program Menu/Sound' etc procedure. Also, the Harmony level can be set using RT2 slider, instead of having to change to the 'Other Parts' page.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50334 - 08/07/03 04:48 PM Re: What does track 4 do in Easy Record Mode?
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Thank, glad to have that all straightened out!

Marilyn

#50335 - 08/08/03 02:08 PM Re: What does track 4 do in Easy Record Mode?
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I generally use Sound Memory to control the volume levels of R1 & R2, and especially when using R2 for harmony, in case the slide controls won't do it. Remember to only use R1 when recording Technichord with R2 in control. Try using an oboe or cello in R2 for a nice contrast. I seldom use Part 4, but I'm aware it's lurking in the shadows.

[This message has been edited by Bud Whipple (edited 08-08-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online