SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#502002 - 01/12/21 07:36 PM Re: Joining you on this forum...and sharing just a bit [Re: Delkeen]
Delkeen Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Thanks for the greeting, Rikki, and the additional insight, Dikki. Always helpful to hear what has worked for others. I was actually thinking more about this set-up for my home setting. I don't really play "out", but if I did, I would likely stick with the one board for those situations. Even at home (or office), limiting the weighted keyboard to pianos makes sense.

Thanks,

Del

#502019 - 01/14/21 11:44 AM Re: Joining you on this forum...and sharing just a bit [Re: Delkeen]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Del,
I’m only a home hobby player.
I have my Yamaha P121 piano and Sx900 set up in something along the lines Diki mentioned. ( I think) .
My piano at the bottom and the sx 900 above. I have them connected via midi.
I prefer playing fully weighted keys to synth keys. I mainly play piano for melody voice.

Fortunately the Yamaha registrations work really well for me, hardly touch the buttons on the sx900. I just use a pedal and it takes me thru all the variations and settings for a song.

Pretty much my ideal set up.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#502025 - 01/14/21 05:49 PM Re: Joining you on this forum...and sharing just a bit [Re: rikkisbears]
Delkeen Offline

Thanks, Rikki.

It is helpful to know what works for others. The synth action that Diki referenced on the Roland G70 is what I played most of the time until just about 3 years ago when I picked up the Roland A90 stage piano. It will be interesting to experiment as I move forward, but lots of learning first!

Del

#502026 - 01/14/21 05:52 PM Re: Joining you on this forum...and sharing just a bit [Re: Delkeen]
Delkeen Offline

I should have noted that the semi-weighted synth action is on the Roland A70 controller (the little brother/sister to the A90), with almost all the features in a lighter and more compact package. It was a great improvement over the Roland E96 keybed which was just too light to allow me to keep my fingers in the proper places!

Del

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online