SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#501937 - 01/06/21 08:38 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: jingleman]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
How bizarre, I actually put my sx900 up for sale on eBay, round the same time as you decided to sell. Found I wasn’t really using it to it’s full potential, I was only using it to create backing tracks for my piano. Figured band in a box would be good enough for what I was doing. After a couple of tries, and some ridiculous offers, decided not to go ahead. Now I’m really pleased that I didn’t go ahead , I probably would have regretted it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#501938 - 01/07/21 03:28 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Rikki, I have always bought the flagship model if I liked the product. Genos or the Pa4x would be better, but I do not need the extras that they offer. The Sx900 is somewhere in the middle when it comes to the options. If I sold my Sx900 what would I buy? I have an acoustic piano.

For me, thinking of buying another keyboard usually follow boredom.
Good to see your post Rikki, John C.

#501939 - 01/07/21 07:05 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: rikkisbears]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Rikki, I came to the same conclusion. Ridiculously low offers and why replace it with an inferior product just to put a couple hundred bucks in your pocket (or by something else I really don’t need) 🙂
Mitch

#501940 - 01/07/21 07:05 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: jingleman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes, it's a sad reality our keyboards don't hold their value too well. I don't even try to sell mine, and have ended with a pretty big collection. At some point I guess I'll just donate them. I do think that potentially all my music rear can end of being a big burden on whoever survives me. Not a pleasant thought, but something to consider.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#501941 - 01/07/21 10:39 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: jingleman]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What matters is that our keyboards hold their value for US!

This thread is a perfect illustration of how quickly we can get buyer’s remorse, long before we have even explored 10% of the capabilities of what something can do.

If you can’t get 10 years+ out of an arranger, you made an impulsive buy!

Expecting technology to hold its monetary value is crazy. How much is that 15 year old computer you have in your attic worth?! Just be grateful that potentially, any of today’s amazing arrangers, even the midline ones are perfectly capable of making amazing music for the rest of your life! Can’t say that about computers, which OS upgrades can make obsolete.

If your arranger can do styles, sequences and audio backing, it’s good to go. If it has an acceptable piano, Hammond and other main solo sounds, you are good to go. If it has a chord sequencer, you are good to go. If it can display lyrics or music, you’re good to go.

What midline arranger CAN’T do all these?

We are good to go! So... let’s GO!

#501942 - 01/07/21 11:10 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: bruno123]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Rikki, I have always bought the flagship model if I liked the product. Genos or the Pa4x would be better, but I do not need the extras that they offer. The Sx900 is somewhere in the middle when it comes to the options. If I sold my Sx900 what would I buy? I have an acoustic piano.

For me, thinking of buying another keyboard usually follow boredom.
Good to see your post Rikki, John C.

Hi John,
me too basically nearly always had the flagship in the different brands, though, strangely enough, only ever one Yamaha flagship about 20 years.
I’ve been happy with the psr range in Yamaha’s. I was actually going to be “ keyboard less” first time in approx 30 years. 😱. It was always about the excitement of getting something new, and how true, currently , what could one replace an sx with?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#501943 - 01/07/21 11:23 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: jingleman]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Rikki, I came to the same conclusion. Ridiculously low offers and why replace it with an inferior product just to put a couple hundred bucks in your pocket (or by something else I really don’t need) 🙂
Mitch

Hi Mitch, lucky we came to our senses. Haha.

I wasn’t actually planning on replacing with anything ( going thru “ new piano” honeymoon phase) .
Must admit I wasn’t thinking too clearly, if I sold my one and only keyboard, how do I convince hubby I need a new one , if eventually something new and exciting hits the market again.
Basically thanks to the people on eBay with their ridiculous offers, who brought me to my senses. Haha.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#501944 - 01/07/21 11:48 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: montunoman]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Yes, it's a sad reality our keyboards don't hold their value too well. I don't even try to sell mine, and have ended with a pretty big collection. At some point I guess I'll just donate them. I do think that potentially all my music rear can end of being a big burden on whoever survives me. Not a pleasant thought, but something to consider.

I actually found it easier selling my PA3x/Pa4x/psrs950 15 months ago,
I didn’t have the expectation of getting a good price for them, as they were already a few years old. The guy who bought my psr, was wrapped in being able to finally afford to get one.

I was starting to get a collection together too. Still have a non functioning korg pa800 in the closet, not quite sure what to do with it as it’s too expensive to ship off for repairs, especially if it can’t be fixed.

Found the prospect of losing a heap of money on something that is relatively new harder, especially if one doesn’t really need to sell.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#501947 - 01/08/21 01:52 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I can identify with that, having six keyboards and a closet packed full of accessories of all kinds. Occasionally, a friend, who is not as advanced in gear acquisition, will buy one. I worry some, also, that my wife will have an awful burden on her hands. It wouldn't affect the estate much, but it would be such a shame to throw them out. It is such a hassle trying to sell anything, I just don't bother.

I think that like Chas, Russ, and others, I will make arrangements to donate them. Hopefully, when I die, they will be certified classics.

Bernie

#501961 - 01/09/21 07:52 AM Re: Yamaha PSR-SX-900 For sale [Re: Bernie9]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I think that like Chas, Russ, and others, I will make arrangements to donate them. Hopefully, when I die, they will be certified classics.
Bernie

Bernie, being that I’m just down the road from you...rest assured that the jingleman donation center is prepared to assist you with taking any unwanted items off your hands smile
Mitch

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online