SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50143 - 01/23/06 09:09 PM PR54 USB Driver in XP?
tkmoult Offline

Loc: NM
Do the USB 9.X drivers that come with the SX-PR4 work in XP? I can get sound from my computer to come out on the PR54 and I can record sound from the PR54 to the computer. But the software "Song Manager" version 2.00p to download and upload midi files gives me the following error: "Error! Use transmission on the HOME PAGE screen." Which is what I thought I had did, especcially since the software is very simple and there are not many other menu items to choose from.

#50144 - 01/24/06 12:48 PM Re: PR54 USB Driver in XP?
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
If I understand your question and the PR54 works as the KN7000 does. Your PR54 screen must be in Home Page to send and receive.

Home Page being the first screen when you turn on your 54.

Fran in SC

#50145 - 01/25/06 07:47 PM Re: PR54 USB Driver in XP?
tkmoult Offline

Loc: NM
Wow that worked like a charm, keeping the PR54 in the same screen as the screen that appears when it first turns on. In the Midi menu there is a computer connection menu with the following choices: Normal, PC as Master, PR as Master, PR as Slave, and Interface. I was trying to upload download from that midi computer connection screen. So the answer to my question is the 9.X PR54 drivers do work in XP once one manages to get them installed in XP. Sure does beat using floppies.

Thanks

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online