SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#500929 - 10/05/20 11:14 PM Need an affordable pad sound source, pref. presets
ulrichburke Offline

Dear Anyone.

If I've posted something similar in the past, please forgive me, can't find it if it exists!

OK. I need a source of nice, New Age, warm'n'furry background pads. Think Leo Rojas, any shopping mall panpipe band or if you've got 30 secs., this guy HERE....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E2AmfV3CyI

Literally the first sound in the track, 10 seconds in! (There's a bird tweet first.) Wouldn't mind a few variations on that so I'm not always flogging the same sound (like Karunesh does!)

Thing IS - I've gone down the 'get two saw waves, slightly detune one, gate it and add tons of reverb' road and the YouTubers get great sounds and I get walrus grunts. Zero idea why, that's why I'm after presets. It's not laziness, it's lack of programming ability.

As that's ALL I want the VST to do, I'm happy with cheap/free because it'll be in the background anyway and as long as it sits OK there I'm happy (if it's the RIGHT sound it's great, if it's just WRONG, it'll niggle like toothache in the track.) I've got Absynth 5 (which I don't think can do warm'n'fuzzy, prove me wrong!) Kontakt Player, Dexed (which again I don't think CAN do it, prove me wrong again!) loads of freeware synths that do sci-fi rayguns, rave sounds and precious little else and a HEWGE soundfont collection with only one half-usable warm'n'fuzzy in it. If you know a soundfont source of warm'n'fuzzies, think box of chocolates, I'll happily buy them/download them.

But they've gotta be background velvet like the examples, not so interesting you won't listen to the rest of the piece, or 'what's that alien doing there!?!'

Anyone got any ideas, including sounds I can high/lowpass and EQ the 'wrong' bits out of to get the right sound, on anything that doesn't cost hundreds (not rich!) I'll write you a track using them! Dunno WHY they're so hard to find, guess it's because I'm the only guy who doesn't find making the things easy - believe me I've spent many hours trying. End question. If all synths are saw/sine/triangle waves, gates and LFOs, how come you can do exactly the same things on exactly the same waveforms on 2 different synths and get 2 totally different sounds out? Does that mean the reason I'm not getting the instruction vid's results is cos I'm not using their synths even though I'm closely following their instructions on mine? And a lot of mine change sounds in TOTALLY different ways when you use their LFOs, if they have LFOs at all (one's got something called a Psychic Modulator which I've never understood!)

Don't get it.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

#501123 - 10/18/20 05:56 AM Re: Need an affordable pad sound source, pref. presets [Re: ulrichburke]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
I don't know anything about synths and DAWS but here on this page are FREE PADS! Try the 4th one on the top row???

https://samplefocus.com/tag/pad

Have fun

Allan taz

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online