SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50077 - 06/28/02 11:52 AM Good Idea? If So! Why Not?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Good Idea? If So! Why Not?

Getting older. Me and my Doc are getting to know each other better and better as time marches on. I’m getting better at taking tests. The older I get the more testes I take. Blood test, gaul bladder tests, liver tests, prostate tests, upper GI and lower GI and on and on. Adding to my box collection also. Lock box, jewelry box, safety deposit box and now my pill box. Fooled you, thought I was going to stop there! Ha! The AM pill box, the noon pill box and the PM pill box. Stop? Oh no. The one I have to open just before I go to bed. Also got one for special occasions too. The little special occasions box contains a little special pill for those little special occasions that I know you are dying to know what they are, and has got a little special place of it’s own. What’s in it? I’m not going to tell you. That’s between Ruthie and me. So there!! The above is not my good idea but, as I have found, some of the excitement that follows semi or full retirement and proceeds the final last box. Last box? What do you mean last box? More pills? Come on, don’t be so naive. One of us, either you or me. Which leads me to my good idea.

Art Jacobs, an active forum member, and me found we live opposite each other. Just on the other side of the pond. We have some common interests we share. We both are computer literate and share a love of music and the making of it. Ruthie and me love to take a few days at a time and go places and do things while we can. After the 4th we are going to visit Art and his wife and are looking forward to a day or two of great fun. If at all possible we are going to try and wear out Arts KN so he has an excuse to get the new 7000 this fall. If he gets a chance I’m sure he will return the favor for my KN. So here is my good idea and if so why not? Example - Ted Rose lives in Madison Wisconsin. Ruth and me go to Fort Atkinson Wis. to see every new play at the Fireside dinner theater playhouse. Not far from Madison. We usually come up friday night or sat., get a motel, have dinner and see the play. Sunday we go to the dells and take in the Wisconsin Opry. Great local talent. Come home Sunday evening or Monday. Why not get together with Ted, maybe do some of these things together plus share our common interests, namely making music and exploring the secrets hidden in our fantastic KN’s. There have got to be more of these situations all over the country and even in my area. So how about climbing out of our old age shells, packing our pills and in-between tests having some fun together before we buy our last box.

Now if you like my good idea and if so why not get your fingers moving, your brain in gear, your computer smoking and clime out of the shell of time before it closes and let’s hear your comments.

Even Ruthie commented on my idea. After all these years cleaning house, washing diapers and trying to whiten your two tone underwear, let’s go.

Grandpa Doug

#50078 - 06/29/02 09:31 PM Re: Good Idea? If So! Why Not?
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Hi Music Lovers: They did it on the west coast, so we are going to do it in the Midwest. I think I will have my hands full with Grandpa Doug, but I can hardly wait to give it my best cord. You think us "old duffers" can't jam with you "younger button pushers," well just maybe we will record something that will shake Bebop way up in Alaska. I know Doug will be exactly as he plays and posts on this Forum, and if that isn't something to look forward to, what the heck is? This Forum has brought together so many music people, and so many friends that never would have met in this world, with out Nigel and Bebop, that I just can't wait to see and hear what the future will bring us. Doug and I will no doubt lift our glass to them in a toast, and shout to the world: LONG LIVE OUR LEADERS
Life is still fun at 81 ARJ

#50079 - 06/30/02 01:49 AM Re: Good Idea? If So! Why Not?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
.....Sounds like a recipe for a Riot

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50080 - 06/30/02 02:42 AM Re: Good Idea? If So! Why Not?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
[B]Good Idea? If So! Why Not?

Hey - why should you have all the fun on the other side of the biggest pond of all - and how do I get over there from the UK with me KN920 strapped to my back...
An international grand get together sounds fabulous - what about a half way house like Madiera or Tenerife - probably take a lifetime to organise - or do you just say this when and where...and it just happens!!!
What does everybody think??
Roger M
from sunny Wiltshire in the U.K.

#50081 - 07/01/02 09:12 AM Re: Good Idea? If So! Why Not?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
How do I get there? I thought you guys over there had the answer. As Holmes would say, "Elementary my dear Watson. The only thing you got wrong is the position of your board. Don't strap it on your back but throw it in the water, hop on it and paddle like h_ _ _. Heck that is.

An international grand get together sounds fabulous - probably take a lifetime to organise - or do you just say when and where...and it just happens!!! The latter, just say when and where. Look at it this way. When you open your mouth only two things can happen. Either it happens or you put your foot own foot in it. And that's the way it's around here.

Grandpa Doug

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online