SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#500724 - 09/19/20 12:50 PM Dam....Just cn't understand!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You may remember the photo posted of me with the Nigel guitar in front of my Subaru. All my cars (I have 5) have a Music Matters license plate in the front.

When the virus became an issue, I ordered black masks with "Music Matters" printed on the front.

I have been confronted three times by people telling me to stop wearing them. A couple of people thought I was making fun of the "Black Lives Matter" material (signs, etc.).

Others thought that it was stupid to wear a mask at all, and that political support of the rioters by wearing a similar imprint was inexcusable.

My vehicles have been marked with the "Music Matters" plate for about 10 years.

One guy threatened to kill me. Actually he said, "somebody ought to shoot your silly ass."

What a mess!

Russ

P.S. I'm STILL wearing my masks.

SO THERE!

Edited by captain Russ (09/19/20 12:53 PM)

#500727 - 09/19/20 06:31 PM Re: Dam....Just cn't understand! [Re: captain Russ]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By captain Russ

P.S. I'm STILL wearing my masks.

SO THERE!

Go Russ !!!!!! guitar

And I hate it when people think the rioters and protesters are the same people. THEY ARE NOT.

There have been arrests of white supremecists who committed crimes to discredit protestors. Unfortunately it is too easy for them to do.

#500728 - 09/20/20 12:51 AM Re: Dam....Just cn't understand! [Re: captain Russ]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Remember that unless a proper surgical mask is used (More expensive) a mask will not protect you from covid; however it will prevent the wearer from transmitting the virus to others, so don’t automatically think you are safe if you wear a mask (Unless surgical) because you are not, and is why you must take all of the precautions seriously and not cherry pick.

Bill

#500735 - 09/20/20 10:58 AM Re: Dam....Just cn't understand! [Re: captain Russ]
Crossover Offline

A recent study found that simple cheap 3-layer medical surgical masks protect the wearer surprisingly well, even if less than a FFP2 / N95 mask. I‘ll try to find the link. Non-medical cotton masks are indeed merely a limited protection for others.

New findings: A protective effect of regular mouthwash desinfective has been proven now - it had long been dismissed as useless. For a certain time after using it, you both spread less virus to others and even might decrease the virus load in your throat aleviating the infection if you gurgle often. Of course it can‘t stop the virus from replicating. Research coming from Bochum university.

https://news.rub.de/english/press-releas...us-transmission

Regarding the other issue, it shows again how people are „programmed“ to interprete everything according to the political friend-enemy patterns they have conditioned themselves into. A stupid tendency of splitting the society, these people don‘t see the world as it is but only the way their mind has already structured it...

Edited by Crossover (09/20/20 12:52 PM)

#500751 - 09/22/20 10:48 AM Re: Dam....Just cn't understand! [Re: Crossover]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Rachael, I just read the press release on the effectiveness of mouthwashes, and I've become a "GARGLING FOOL"

Be well,

Russ!

#500767 - 09/23/20 10:14 PM Re: Dam....Just cn't understand! [Re: captain Russ]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
There are now people dieing ( two students died) while wearing masks and in very hot weather. The issue also is affecting people in their sinuses with infections as well, my step-daughter for one ( who is a support worker).

Ok here is OZ we don't have the issues that you guys have to put up with but in the state of Victoria, they are enforcing the mask wearing even though it home made cloth and low protection masks do NOT protect anyone against Corona.

It is just a conditioning thing they are doing to get people to get used to what they want them to do until they roll out this unreliable vaccine.

Allan

#500770 - 09/24/20 12:20 AM Re: Dam....Just cn't understand! [Re: captain Russ]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Allan

Except in trials to make sure it is safe there is no vaccine available for Covid, with the most optimistic being that one (Fully tested and certified) will be available by the end of the year. (But don’t hold your breath though)

See my post above about masks as it applies to homemade masks as well.

Not sure about Oz but in the UK there are exemptions to mask wearing if the person has problems, (Asthmatics etc.) and I would imagine something similar applies in Oz, (Yours like most developed country’s have a 1st world health system) so may be worth looking into.

Look after yourself, stay safe, and listen to the advice medical professionals NOT politicians and social media.

Bill

#500771 - 09/24/20 01:18 AM Re: Dam....Just cn't understand! [Re: tassiespirit]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By tassiespirit

Ok here is OZ we don't have the issues that you guys have to put up with but in the state of Victoria, they are enforcing the mask wearing even though it home made cloth and low protection masks do NOT protect anyone against Corona.
Allan

Actually cloth masks do help prevent the spread. Not of the wearer but of others around them. The cloth masks do help prevent moisture particles containing coronavirus getting propelled a distance into the air when the wearer coughs or sneezes.

Allan here is "Chopper" on the outbreak in Victoria, especially Melbourne and includes a line about Tasmania your home state. Very funny ( warning strong language ). For those that don't know Melbourne it is very much Australia's answer to San Francisco. Culture, Arts and Food. Even the same early 20th century Victorian architecture.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online