SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#499203 - 06/21/20 05:29 PM Re: What do you Love or Not about the SX900/SX700 [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Rikki good luck to you ...I have a problem just deciding on one KB .......have more would give me a major headache lol

#499208 - 06/21/20 05:53 PM Re: What do you Love or Not about the SX900/SX700 [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
Rikki good luck to you ...I have a problem just deciding on one KB .......have more would give me a major headache lol

Haha, maybe one day they will bring out the perfect Donny keyboard.

I gather you are currently without. I haven’t been checking in quite as often, so bit out of the loop.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#499214 - 06/21/20 08:17 PM Re: What do you Love or Not about the SX900/SX700 [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
1-I did try making styles years ago – now I take a style that the pros have made, and edit it to my satisfaction.

2- I counseled marriage people in my church for six years. What worked best is when they learned to love the traits and gifts their partners had, and to stop wanting what was not there.

And so with the Sx900; and that is easy to do – there is a lot there, all that is needed is imagination.

Donny, this is how I am using my Sx900:
No people dancing, or listening, just me and my desire to create music the way I heard it played years ago. I am not talking 50’s music here.
Many of the bands used charts (music for their part). The saxes may not play for the first eight measures, but they came in right after. The band changed their mood as the mood of the song changes. When the piano took a solo the band volume came down, some of the instruments did not play. So, registration buttons – 8 plus 4 OTS. And pads, are a must. Using what I remember, I make the needed changes. Instruments, deleting parts, changing volumes, adding pads, sometimes changing a style, it is endless. There are times I spend hours making changes, only to come back and change it again.

Think of the artist who uses the brush, canvas, and colors to create. Then he studies what he has created and he is pleased. Me, for me, about me, there are no dancers.

I have changed most of my songs from chords and words to written notes and words, using the Encore program. I can select one page and have up to 9 songs embedded. (sets) My Jewish set goes from slow to fast and exciting. My Latin set changes moods.

Donny, I get lost doing all this, but the result brings me back to who I was, and I find myself remembering what I used to do. (fill inns and more)
I love the Sx900, it’s doing the job. Lockdown has given a reason to invent – no boredom here.

Donny, thanks for asking, us old guys have a need to share.
John C.

#499219 - 06/22/20 01:41 AM Re: What do you Love or Not about the SX900/SX700 [Re: Dnj]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I have used Synths in the past and they require far too much work to get going. I like playing live arranger mode and switching through reg banks and OTS the fly. It also promotes more improvising in live play.

An 8 part Live Arpeggiator doesn’t cut it. Remember u still need upper and lower Voices on top of that which isn’t possible in that environment.

I am left feeling I probably should have went for the Korg PA1000 which was even a cheaper option.

#499221 - 06/22/20 03:55 AM Re: What do you Love or Not about the SX900/SX700 [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
1-I did try making styles years ago – now I take a style that the pros have made, and edit it to my satisfaction.

2- I counseled marriage people in my church for six years. What worked best is when they learned to love the traits and gifts their partners had, and to stop wanting what was not there.

And so with the Sx900; and that is easy to do – there is a lot there, all that is needed is imagination.

I love the Sx900, it’s doing the job. Lockdown has given a reason to invent – no boredom here.

John C.

John, Great post! cool

#499222 - 06/22/20 04:25 AM Re: What do you Love or Not about the SX900/SX700 [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123

Donny, this is how I am using my Sx900:
No people dancing, or listening, just me and my desire to create music the way I heard it played years ago. I am not talking 50’s music here.
Many of the bands used charts (music for their part). The saxes may not play for the first eight measures, but they came in right after. The band changed their mood as the mood of the song changes. When the piano took a solo the band volume came down, some of the instruments did not play. So, registration buttons – 8 plus 4 OTS. And pads, are a must. Using what I remember, I make the needed changes. Instruments, deleting parts, changing volumes, adding pads, sometimes changing a style, it is endless. There are times I spend hours making changes, only to come back and change it again.

Think of the artist who uses the brush, canvas, and colors to create. Then he studies what he has created and he is pleased. Me, for me, about me, there are no dancers.

I have changed most of my songs from chords and words to written notes and words, using the Encore program. I can select one page and have up to 9 songs embedded. (sets) My Jewish set goes from slow to fast and exciting. My Latin set changes moods.

Donny, I get lost doing all this, but the result brings me back to who I was, and I find myself remembering what I used to do. (fill inns and more)

John C.

John glad your maintaining a very positive attitude and enjoying the music creative process with your SX900 arranger kb.
We all do it differently and the arranger can accommodate all approaches in so many ways. Good Luck

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online