SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#498044 - 06/02/20 05:19 PM Don, why the change?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don , just curious why you decided to go with the SD7 again.. and why you dealt the EA7 to Donny..

Personally if I was going to continue gigging on a regular basis.. the only current model I would consider is the EA7.. Light , easy to play and handle any type gig.

I do like the SD7, but it would not be my first choice to gig.

PS: I tried to PM you and it said you don't exist grin

#498050 - 06/02/20 06:41 PM Re: Don, why the change? [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I sent you a P.M. just to see if I do indeed still exist. smile
If I were moving my gear every night, or even every weekend, I wouldn't have done it. But, I don't have to move it at all, and prior to the virus I hadn't moved anything in about three years, other than change out an arranger now and then.
I JUST found out than I have to go in to work tomorrow at 5:00 for a special party. I will have to be there at least two or three hours early, because I have to take a bigger keyboard stand, change everything out on both tiers, do sound check, etc. I'll probably use the T.C. Helicon voice processor since my Ketron FS6 isn't here yet, and I want to be able to turn the VH off and one with my foot.
Got a new Standtastic KS122 stand and I'll have to make adjustments to it after I get there, to be sure the height and distances work. It will be a long day tomorrow.
I have spent a lot of hours updating my Registrations on the SD7 and now have about 150 set up. Of course a lot of them can be used for more than one song. Will do a lot more when my Gold package arrives from AJ. It and the foot pedal may not make it here until Friday, or even later, given the events going on.
But there is no reason I can't be ready to play tomorrow evening.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online