SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#49418 - 08/27/03 02:30 PM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Hello Rikki,

Well, The KN3000 was the last Technics keyboard with this feaure and I could hear it clearly. But yes you have to learn the style of using touch sensitive playing with your left hand. Juts take the Jazz Rock or Swing Rock Style, play a chord by softly striking the keys. listen to the monotonous rythm. Then hit play this chord again but hit the keys harder. On my KN3000 it worked great and I'm sorry it is no longer avalailable anymore.

#49419 - 08/27/03 03:31 PM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
I seem to remember that the function only worked on certain styles such as Jazz and Big Band for example ?? ( It was a long time ago for me)

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49420 - 08/27/03 05:12 PM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Hi All

I just went and tried it again on the 3000..and YES there is a difference.(Better on some rhythms then others). Since we all have a different style of playing, it was a matter of finding the right setting, for me it was "Light". By hitting the chord a little harder at the right time, it's almost like a fill-in.

On second thought, maybe it should be on the 7000, but then again, does the accompiment on the 7000 really need any help ?

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49421 - 08/28/03 04:59 AM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Nice one Larry Found 'The Lost Chord' Eh? In my opinion, it would still be worth incorporating in an instrument as good as the KN7000, no matter how good the styles are. I would rather have this facility than the pathetic 'Harmoniser'

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49422 - 08/28/03 03:18 PM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
fmlk4u Offline

I fully agree with that I hardly use the harmonizer, since it sounds unnatural. Only for certain loud bigband settings it's OK, else manual harmonizing is the real thing.
But there is not an easy workaround for the missing dynamic accompiment. Only creating some fill-ins under the pads and then use them a bit randomly. But that's annoying and still not a good alternative.

#49423 - 08/29/03 07:42 AM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
It's been several years since I played my kn1000, but I thought the dynamic accomp was triggered by harder or faster playing in the RIGHT hand ?!?!? ........
t.

#49424 - 08/29/03 10:29 AM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
fmlk4u Offline

No. As the function name says: dynamic acompiment. So harder playing the chords have the effect of randomly selected fill-in's on all preset, built-in rythm patterns.

Regards, Fred

#49425 - 08/29/03 01:37 PM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
Neil Bennett Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA
Tony is CORRECT!!! The KN1000's Dynamic Accompaniment was triggered by faster or more intricate playing in the RIGHT HAND! It was a very fundamental method of adding to the pattern, which only had one variation. I remember this clearly, and when the KN2000 came out, it had the 4 Variation buttons instead.

To be honest, I've never missed the Dynamic Accompaniment since, as the Technics chaps who create the rhythm patterns and their variations, are the most superbly versatile musicians one could wish for!

I think you should all sit down and have a good listen to some of the styles on your KN5s/6s/65s/7s, beginning with Intro, working your way through each variation and their DIFFERENT fill-ins, to the Ending. Consider also how the Intros to certain styles are completely different depending on whether you start in a major or minor key!

Now, come on, guys, exactly what MORE do you want, eh? We own what is arguably the finest, most versatile and easy-to-use all-round gigging/entertaining/recording keyboard.

Finally, let's not forget the absolutely SUPERB software from Technote! Has anyone else heard the KN6000 Accompaniment Update Vol.1? These patterns from the new PR903 have got to be heard! So, who needs 'DYNAMIC ACCOMPANIMENT' anyway?

Regards

Neil Bennett

#49426 - 08/30/03 04:48 AM Re: One Missing Feature since KN3000
Neil Bennett Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA
OKAY, before I get shot down in flames for talking rubbish in my last posting!... I've just had a look at my brochures for Technics keyboards:

The KN1000 has 3 so-called 'Rhythm Variation' buttons, in addition to the Dynamic Accopmpaniment, (or D.A.). The brochure describes D.A. as "...an advanced new function(then!)...which detects in BOTH HANDS, how hard and fast you strike the keys..."

The KN2000 has only 1 Variation button, strangely, as well as D.A.

Then, as KN3000 owners know, the now-familiar 4 Variations & M.S.A. arrangement appeared, with D.A. still intact.

I guess, by the time the KN5000 arrived, D.A. was superfluous, due to the reasons I mentioned in my previous reply. The powerful Composer and Sound Arranger allow for far greater flexibility than D.A. ever could!

Any further thoughts?...

Neil Bennett

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online