SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#492509 - 03/23/20 09:51 AM OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free!
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
The wife found this ad today... looks like you can get 7 days of streaming for many Broadway shows for 'nada'. Here is the article/offer:

Free Offer - 7 Day Strreaming BroadwayHD

The offer is based on BroadwayHD's website, which offers streaming of 300 or so Broadway shows - normal cost is $8.99 a month but they are offering a free 7-day trial.

We're huge Broadway show fans (musicals in particular!). Might have to give the free trial a whirl!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#492512 - 03/23/20 10:05 AM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Randy, that looks like a good deal... If one is into Broadway shows, the $99.99 per month is not a high price to pay ...
I didn't delve into it, and most people probably know this, but in many offers like this you sign up for the deal, then get the free trial and if you don't cancel you get billed automatically.

#492514 - 03/23/20 10:08 AM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Tony - I'm betting this will work that way - looks like it's $99 a year ($8.99 a month). Most of these deals require you to cancel a day or so before the payment is billed.... Another chore (reminder) to put on Alexa's list. wink

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#492518 - 03/23/20 10:13 AM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've been thinking of subscribing, but only to help the theatre community. I don't believe these shows have the same appeal on a screen, and I don't epect to love many of the recreations. Theatre is meant to be seen LIVE, and many of the featured shows loose so much in the transition to screen. Still .... I'd rather watch a bad musical than a good sporting event any day. When things get back to (whatever becomes) normal, and I have an income again - I'll probably take the $99 plunge.
It's too uncertain now, but this will change.

#492520 - 03/23/20 10:38 AM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Agree Dave - so many musicals, so little time! Here's one of my all-time favorites - this wonderful song from "The Producers" (composer Mel Brooks). Such an amazing performance (acting and singing) by both Mathew Broderick and Nathan Lane. Love this song - really pulls the show together at the end! *Sorry - my quick search only found one decent version of this and it has a few foreign overdubs but only in the non-singing parts...

#492523 - 03/23/20 10:57 AM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

These shows are meant to be seen on the stage not on TV although nice
but as Dave says they lose their impact.

Best things to watch on TV are family movies, vacations, weddings kids growing up, good times, etc,..
on DVD I converted even my old 8mm reels, VHs, etc,.. to digital....
memories go by so quick cherish them.

#492539 - 03/23/20 12:39 PM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By saxxman
Agree Dave - so many musicals, so little time! Here's one of my all-time favorites - this wonderful song from "The Producers" (composer Mel Brooks). Such an amazing performance (acting and singing) by both Mathew Broderick and Nathan Lane. Love this song - really pulls the show together at the end! *Sorry - my quick search only found one decent version of this and it has a few foreign overdubs but only in the non-singing parts.

Hi Randy,
can’t say I have ever seen that clip. What a hoot. Luv the old girls backing Nathan , the look on his face is priceless when they start singing. Haha

Mathew , beautiful orchestral backing. Nathan’s backing sounds like a gaggle of geese. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#492547 - 03/23/20 01:58 PM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Rikki - if you haven't seen the musical, you must! We have the big production they did on DVD. It is wonderful. Great closeups of all the cast and perfect audio for all the songs. Mel Brooks wrote a very touching song there. If you see the musical, you will understand that song a lot more. smile Wish I could have seen that show before Mathew and Nathan left the cast. But thank goodness the DVD version features them as the stars!

#492588 - 03/23/20 07:06 PM Re: OT - Watch Broadway Shows at Home for Free! [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Randy,
I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online