SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#492272 - 03/20/20 09:40 PM Your thoughts on thoughts?
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I live in the most congested area in the country. It's been "run, run, run" for most of us up here for most of our lives. This is probably the first time any of us have had the opportunity to withdraw from the rat race, and....think!

If YOU have had more time lately to "think"...

What has changed for you in your thoughts regards priorities, ambitions, yourself, family, business, personal issues, but mostly....do you view life any differently now that you've been forced to take a breather from the grind and spend more time both in solitude and with your families, and.....more time with your thoughts.

Are you understanding or appreciating something or someone you haven't up to now? Has your attitude toward the person or situation now changed?

Do you see your role in life as a musician any differently. As a husband? As a father?

In short, have any of you taken the opportunity to get in touch with yourselves and your lifestyle and made new discoveries with this new surplus of time we now have?

I've been very sick every day for the past 16 days with the fear that I had Corona and I was convinced I was going to die with no medical help available. That changes a lot of things for you. A lot of time to think and a lot of time to think "what do I do now with this new set of thoughts?" I believe they call it "mindfulness."

I took the time to write a post that is serious for me, especially after being sick all this time. I'd appreciate if you members took the time to write serious replies.

#492300 - 03/21/20 06:44 AM Re: Your thoughts on thoughts? [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark, thank you for echoing my thoughts. People who lose someone dear to them, people who had heart surgery, people who have lived through times like these – mostly adjust their values; for the better. Simply said, the really important things are moved to the top of the list.
It exposes are love for things we use to substitute for happiness. It takes us to the music we love, and not that which is needed for the job.

Most people use fear and anger, “if only” to handle their problems. It took me a while, but my mind set is to approach the adversity with; “What am I going to learn form this”. This puts me in a position to change what could be changed. If I do not do that, then I am a victim.

I read that as you grow older you become a philosopher, yes, they do. What they receive is wisdom, the ability to handle their problems; to know what they can change, and what they can not change. (AA)

Thanks, Mark, John C.
PS, Mark, I also had a virus for the past five weeks. I was hard to stay positive; I did my best, and the virus is gone now -- but it was a test of faith.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online