SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#491830 - 03/17/20 02:42 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
A Nurse friend just sent me this... Please read...

"I can't even begin to tell you how many patients are coming to the ER requesting COVID-19 testing that have little or no symptoms or proven exposure. If you really believe you could have it, stay home and self quarantine. Even if you DO have symptoms, you do NOT need testing or Emergency Room care unless your symptoms are severe and you are in significant distress! We simply do not have the resources to test or treat everyone. Masks are literally under lock and key and being rationed to healthcare providers!! We are short on gowns, goggles, hepa filters, and isolation rooms! You are endangering so many other citizens and staff members when you come to the ER for your completely manageable 102°F temperature or because you work with someone who knows someone who 'definitely has it.' STAY HOME UNLESS YOU ARE IN DISTRESS. If you ARE in distress, call 911 or call ahead to your local ER and seek immediate treatment. We know this is scary. We get it! Abusing the system is not helping the situation. Please be mindful of your community and your healthcare providers."

Hi ,
Last place I would want to be is in an emergency room especially if I wasn’t sure ,
“do I feel sick ? or don’t I ? “
I think you’d know it if you had a temperature of a 110, coughing your lungs out and unable to breath.
No doubt someone in that room could have it, and, after they’ve coughed all over you, chances are, you might actually get it too,
Gee whiz, you haven’t wasted your trip to ER after all, you can now join the ranks of those , with it.
Might have made more sense to stay at home and self isolate if not sure, and call an ambulance if things get bad.

Really can’t believe people are so STUPID.

Donny, I feel so sorry for these health workers who have to deal with this .

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491843 - 03/17/20 03:57 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: leeboy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
Nigel shifted it...of course that's his call....but I was hoping politics could stay out of this virus issue.....

Wrong Lee. You didn't read what I responded to. It had already moved there.

#491852 - 03/17/20 06:58 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Personally I appreciate this going to the bar. Quite frankly most of what I've been reading has been pure nonsense.

#491944 - 03/18/20 05:19 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

There's a nice example illustrating the danger of exponential growth:
The amount of algae in a lake starts at a tiny amount and doubles each day until the complete lake is covered 30 days later.
This would mean that on the 25th day the amount of algae is still so small that an observer would probably see no problem.
On the 29th day, half of the lake would be covered.
It is a good parallel to the behavior of the Corona infection curve until 50% of the population are infected.

https://tasks.illustrativemathematics.org/content-standards/tasks/533

#492091 - 03/19/20 07:41 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

The US is officially catching up with Germany... (of course not taking the difference in dark figures into account)

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edited by Crossover (03/19/20 07:46 PM)

#492445 - 03/22/20 12:15 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

Some meditative ways to deal with the pandemia: Eckhart Tolle and Deepak Chopra

#492446 - 03/22/20 12:16 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

#492533 - 03/23/20 11:52 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Crossover]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Thanks, Rachael. Pretty deep thoughts coming from my favorite "kid".

Always well thought out comments on pertinent issues.

D.O.D.
(Dear Old Dad).

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online