SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#491785 - 03/17/20 08:14 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Crossover]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Crossover
Originally Posted By Graham UK
At least in UK We have a Prime-Minister with some sense.
People complain that the UK is not taking enough measures, but I think they have it right.

You will regret it...

No doubt you are following your unelected overpaid EU masters that could not organise booze up in a brewery.
Unlike a lot of other countries the UK does not panic, just knuckles down to get things done, see you on the other side.

Bill

#491788 - 03/17/20 08:39 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: abacus]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Speaking of "booze up in a brewery", how about we take the politics to "The Bar" ... that's why Nigel created it ...
http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/35/1/The_Bar

#491791 - 03/17/20 09:11 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: abacus]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Originally Posted By Crossover
People complain that the UK is not taking enough measures, but I think they have it right.

You will regret it...

No doubt you are following your unelected overpaid EU masters that could not organise booze up in a brewery.
Unlike a lot of other countries the UK does not panic, just knuckles down to get things done, see you on the other side.

Bill

Measures have been taken on a national level, not by Brussels.
It‘s amazing how some people stay short-sighted despite conditions nearby in Italy. But have fun with your independence and exploding numbers, we‘ve closed most borders, which really seems to be necessary if others think full soccer stadiums are good for building up immunity of the population.
You see, this is not only your business: if one country acts stupidly, it creates severe external effects for all countries that have travel connections. I‘ve read what British epidemiologists have said about Boris Johnson‘s ideas.
(Regarding „the Bar“: This thread was about Corona. Nigel can shift it; as long as it‘s here, I‘ll answer here.)

P.S.: You‘ve got 6.6 intensive care beds per 100,000 inhabitants in the UK. A very poor number. Don‘t complain in May...

Edited by Crossover (03/17/20 09:47 AM)

#491796 - 03/17/20 09:36 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
According to the CDC, the incubation period for this disease is 5.1 days - not 14. Additionally, the test would not be positive until the patient displayed symptoms, according to WHO. The test involves swabbing the inside of the nasal cavity to determine the presence of specific antibodies. When I worked in Thoracic Surgery I was tested weekly using the same technique for Hospital Staphylococcus. The test required 48 hours of incubation in the lab for results.

Now, I don't know if or why the president decided to close the Pandemic Agency - or if that was his call. But there are so many agencies in the US Government that are duplicates I suspect this may have been the reason - just no way to verify this.

Lee, the ultraviolet rays of the sun does wonders for killing many diseases, hence the use of ultraviolet lights at the entrances of many medical institutions. Getting out in the sunshine is a good thing, and I do this as much as possible, even just to sit on a deck chair in sunshine and enjoy the warmth of old sol. Spring is in the air here in Maryland, robins cover my lawn daily, daffodils are in bloom as are crocus. I love this time of year! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#491798 - 03/17/20 10:17 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Nigel shifted it...of course that's his call....but I was hoping politics could stay out of this virus issue.....

#491800 - 03/17/20 10:27 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Graham UK]
Bachus Offline

We totally disagree about that here in Holland and Germany

Only time will tell..
who is right..

But overhere they predict major dissaster in the UK..
A dissaster in hospitals and medical people not being able to handle the first peek of the pandemic, leading to unneccesary deaths..

Overhere in Holland there is no panic..
Just taking it a step at a time..

Edited by Bachus (03/17/20 10:29 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#491810 - 03/17/20 11:56 AM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
To "Walk Softly And Carry A Big Stick" seems sensible as long as the stick is big enough.

Bernie

#491813 - 03/17/20 12:28 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: Graham UK]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

We tend to forget our politicians are only human too. He is no doubt doing what he thinks is best for his country.
Who currently would want to walk a mile in their shoes, dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491823 - 03/17/20 01:13 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

A Nurse friend just sent me this... Please read...

"I can't even begin to tell you how many patients are coming to the ER requesting COVID-19 testing that have little or no symptoms or proven exposure. If you really believe you could have it, stay home and self quarantine. Even if you DO have symptoms, you do NOT need testing or Emergency Room care unless your symptoms are severe and you are in significant distress! We simply do not have the resources to test or treat everyone. Masks are literally under lock and key and being rationed to healthcare providers!! We are short on gowns, goggles, hepa filters, and isolation rooms! You are endangering so many other citizens and staff members when you come to the ER for your completely manageable 102°F temperature or because you work with someone who knows someone who 'definitely has it.' STAY HOME UNLESS YOU ARE IN DISTRESS. If you ARE in distress, call 911 or call ahead to your local ER and seek immediate treatment. We know this is scary. We get it! Abusing the system is not helping the situation. Please be mindful of your community and your healthcare providers."

#491828 - 03/17/20 02:15 PM Re: Corona Virus Break thru, we may have found a cure. [Re: rikkisbears]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

We tend to forget our politicians are only human too. He is no doubt doing what he thinks is best for his country.
Who currently would want to walk a mile in their shoes, dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t.

Great post, Rikki ... We can all pontificate as to 'what should be done' or 'what WE would do', but firstly, do we have all the facts?!? ... do WE really know what's best???
I doubt it ...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online