SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#488406 - 02/04/20 04:37 AM keyboard Controller ?
Dnj Offline

What is the best kb Controller, bang for the buck, features knobs,
sliders, Keybed and why?

Edited by Dnj (02/09/20 12:08 PM)

#488411 - 02/04/20 05:16 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Depends what you want to use it for, there is no one size fits all.

Bill

#488412 - 02/04/20 05:18 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Depends what you want to use it for, there is no one size fits all.

Bill

Thank you gives me something to think about.

#488416 - 02/04/20 06:01 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny, I had a CME UF76, it had the best keybed at the time I bought it. I went to Sweetwater, tried every MIDI keyboard they had and chose that for Keybed quality. It had knobs, sliders buttions all I needed so it was great. I used it under a Korg PA2XPRO and later by itself with vArranger. I sold it not long ago. It had almost as nice keybed as the Korg.

When I go to visit family in Ft.Wayne, IN this August I am going to try all the MIDI kbds again. Looking for a 61 with the best Keybed. Don't need many controllers this time as it will be under the SX-900 for organ setup.

In playing a couple here at Guitar center, Novation seemed pretty good....

#488422 - 02/04/20 06:28 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: leeboy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
Donny, I had a CME UF76, it had the best keybed at the time I bought it. I went to Sweetwater, tried every MIDI keyboard they had and chose that for Keybed quality. It had knobs, sliders buttions all I needed so it was great. I used it under a Korg PA2XPRO and later by itself with vArranger. I sold it not long ago. It had almost as nice keybed as the Korg.

When I go to visit family in Ft.Wayne, IN this August I am going to try all the MIDI kbds again. Looking for a 61 with the best Keybed. Don't need many controllers this time as it will be under the SX-900 for organ setup.

In playing a couple here at Guitar center, Novation seemed pretty good....

Lee good luck in your quest......
so what do you like or dislike so far about the SX900 since you bought it for your needs..?
I'm pretty much bored with it all out there at the moment.

Edited by Dnj (02/04/20 06:28 AM)

#488449 - 02/04/20 09:11 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Yeah, we noticed smile. As to controllers, I have three but my all time favorite is my ancient Roland A70; 76 keys, 4 zones, each with midi in/out, all zones are separately programmable, both 'stick' and wheels (which can be used interchangeably), very logical control surface, seperate buttons and dials for each function (no menu diving), clean/clear digital display, and best of all, a great keybed (same as the G70). Oh, almost forgot, a sound card with most of the Roland legacy sounds. I use it in my studio to control 4 different modules. The only 'con' I can think of is no USB midi (shoud you need it), but that's a pretty easy workaround. Good luck finding one, though. Mine is 'chery' having never been out of the studio (like most controllers). BTW, why are you looking for a controller and what do you plan to use it on? Looks like the Tyros 2's shelf life has expired. What's next, player-piano? smile smile

chas

chas

#488453 - 02/04/20 09:19 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Dnj

Yeah, we noticed smile. As to controllers, I have three but my all time favorite is my ancient Roland A70; 76 keys, 4 zones, each with midi in/out, all zones are separately programmable, both 'stick' and wheels (which can be used interchangeably), very logical control surface, seperate buttons and dials for each function (no menu diving), clean/clear digital display, and best of all, a great keybed (same as the G70). Oh, almost forgot, a sound card with most of the Roland legacy sounds. I use it in my studio to control 4 different modules. The only 'con' I can think of is no USB midi (shoud you need it), but that's a pretty easy workaround. Good luck finding one, though. Mine is 'chery' having never been out of the studio (like most controllers). BTW, why are you looking for a controller and what do you plan to use it on? Looks like the Tyros 2's shelf life has expired. What's next, player-piano? smile smile
chas

Chas I'll ignore your first sentence....

Edited by Dnj (02/04/20 11:48 AM)

#488459 - 02/04/20 09:41 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Just take a break from keyboards and buy a Nintendo switch coffee

#488468 - 02/04/20 10:14 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"Best" depends on what you use it for. Piano would be hard to do with organ keys and vice versa.
I liked the old Roland/Edirols because they had 50 or more programmable buttons, sliders and knobs. Plus the light touch that I prefer.

#488472 - 02/04/20 10:37 AM Re: What is the Best keyboard Controller ? [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
Just take a break from keyboards and buy a Nintendo switch coffee

Sorry not a gamer in anyway shape or form.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online