SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#483321 - 12/09/19 11:34 AM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Randy, sorry, but I just got the chance to listen to this (other than on my 'dumb' phone) ... REALLY nice job ...
thank you

Thanks T! Always fun to play the holiday tunes! Thanks for listening and your kindness! Happy Holidays!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483325 - 12/09/19 12:33 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 [Re: 124]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By 124
True. Makers pack so much stuff into all these boards that never gets touched. Really, the gigging muso sticks to the bread and butter styles and sounds for the most part. Everything else is just icing on the cake, nice to dig into now and again.

124 Great post and very true to the point for sure...
sometimes Less is More wink

#483397 - 12/09/19 04:51 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Can't argue with that, Chas - he is a great sax player and I am fortunate enough to have met with him in person and obtained one of his CDs, which I frequently listen to when I'm driving.

Gary cool

Gary, wasn't that Randy you brought to the Revere (Dave was playing), I was with my wife and we ran into you guys...had dinner.. And yes I have Randy's CD too.

No Fran that was Ray Bastianelli

and answer your phone once in a while..just sayin

That's right smile

#483403 - 12/09/19 06:11 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Bernie9]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Hi Randy,
Rikki beat me to it. I plain loved it, not only for the trombove voice, but how you played it. Your years with the sax has,indeed, given you an edge, like Don does with the guitar. m.

Plus one to Rikki and Bernie. Yes your years as a great sax player shine thru. Nice work November Four Sugar Alpha X-Ray from Wiskey One Delta Alpha Mike! smile

#483405 - 12/09/19 06:31 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Hi Randy,
Rikki beat me to it. I plain loved it, not only for the trombove voice, but how you played it. Your years with the sax has,indeed, given you an edge, like Don does with the guitar. m.

Plus one to Rikki and Bernie. Yes your years as a great sax player shine thru. Nice work November Four Sugar Alpha X-Ray from Wiskey One Delta Alpha Mike! smile

What happed to CB's?

#483406 - 12/09/19 06:31 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Gary, wasn't that Randy you brought to the Revere (Dave was playing), I was with my wife and we ran into you guys...had dinner..

A lot of people started using the Bose L1 after seeing mine at the Revere that year. I must've sold a dozen units to musicians and clubs all over. Now, I'm playing the Babies in all areas!
Baby G (SX), and baby Bs! (S1-pro)

I'm sure that new JBL sound very nice, but it's fun to watch how all the manufacturers seem to play "follow the leader" whenever someone (like Bose) has a truly original idea that WORKS. I can't imagine needing more bass response than the S1s put out. I've even had to cut the bass on many occasions. They are extremely well balances, and full.

#483413 - 12/09/19 06:46 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Hi Randy,

What happed to CB's?

They went the way of the 8 track player. I think truckers especially those doing the long hauls use them.

#483417 - 12/09/19 06:59 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Hi Randy,

What happed to CB's?

They went the way of the 8 track player. I think truckers especially those doing the long hauls use them.

OK that's a big 10/4 Steve...
now I gotta go watch the movie Convoy again👍

Edited by Dnj (12/10/19 04:23 AM)

#483427 - 12/09/19 07:53 PM Re: Genos Orchestra Swing1 style [Re: Stephenm52]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Randy,

Thanks Brother Steve! Definitely appreciate the listen and the kind words!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online