SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#482937 - 12/05/19 02:17 PM Re: Steve M sx900 review? [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
...he saved his styles by the name of the song he used them for.

Depending on how much I may have 'tweaked' the style, I've done the same thing ... Also helps if picking a style for a song that is similar to one that I've setup ...

#482943 - 12/05/19 03:40 PM Re: Steve M sx900 review? [Re: bruno123]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
I’ve thought about Gary's method, he saved his styles by the name of the song he used them for. When I used Gary’s method, setting up the S975 it was a breeze, the names were alphabetical, and they seem to fit very well. This time around I am trying to find another method.

Hi John ,
I used to do that too, on my pa4x, make all my changes for a particular song, and then name the style after it. I never used the songbook function, for me there wasn’t any real need. Don’t know that many songs. Haha.

For sx900 , because of the great registration function, going to do things differently too.

Probably similar to you. So instead of having to have a clone of the same style over and over with minor changes, and renaming them, as I did on Pa4x, I’m just going to use the registrations.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#482955 - 12/05/19 06:31 PM Re: Steve M sx900 review? [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
This is what decided to use on my Sx900 Regs.

Reg 1-Select the song and style.
Reg 2 through 8 --- changing volumes, Variations, instruments, delete parts of the Accomp. and sometimes changing to another style that complements the first one to add another feel; fantastic for Latin music.

I keep thinking, what would the band do if I were singing? – what would it do if a sax were playing, or a piano? All parts of a band are not always playing.

I guess, in a way, I am trying to bring back my band days. (smile)
John C.

#482956 - 12/05/19 06:36 PM Re: Steve M sx900 review? [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

Reg 2 through 8 --- changing volumes, Variations, instruments, delete parts of the Accomp. and sometimes changing to another style that complements the first one to add another feel; fantastic for Latin music.

I keep thinking, what would the band do if I were singing? – what would it do if a sax were playing, or a piano? All parts of a band are not always playing.

John C.

John, I like your method, excellent use of registrations.

#482961 - 12/05/19 07:15 PM Re: Steve M sx900 review? [Re: bruno123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA

John C.

It would make sense if the arranger would automatically drop the lead sound from the style. In other words when you play piano for lead, the style would drop it out. It would need to be selectable of course. That is a great advantage of using John's method. Seems I recall some older arranger that could do that...maybe Technics??

#482962 - 12/05/19 07:28 PM Re: Steve M sx900 review? [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY

Another quick fix is the dedicated Arranger Mute knobs - A, and B. You can filter out parts of a style while it's playing.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online