Topic Options
#479520 - 10/31/19 04:12 PM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Originally Posted By Dnj

Every keyboard has pros and cons....
Why not discuss them here..?

Hi Donny,

Of course, that is true, no keyboard is perfect. At the moment though, I can't fault the SX900 in any area and I haven't found anything significantly bad would stop me from using it. I have noted some hiccups though when loading expansion packs whereby the SX900 doesn't always load them first time but I am blaming the USB drives for this issue. Whereas with my Pa1000 I could pick out a number of things I am not happy with, but it's still a great keyboard and is staying with me also.

Danny I'll ask this question first regarding my comment... Do you ay professionally on stage in front of audiences? Then I can continue..

#479521 - 10/31/19 04:19 PM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Danny I'll ask this question first regarding my comment... Do you ay professionally on stage in front of audiences? Then I can continue..

Hi Donny,

No, I don't play on stage, my father does and I just back him on occasions when I'm able to. I presume you're going to suggest there's something wrong with the SX900 performing on stage?

#479522 - 10/31/19 04:23 PM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Hi Donny,

No, I don't play on stage, my father does and I just back him on occasions when I'm able to. I presume you're going to suggest there's something wrong with the SX900 performing on stage?

It certainly has navigational features personally for me that are just not there.. Or I would have kept it. Yet there are things I also like too.

Edited by Dnj (10/31/19 04:28 PM)

#479535 - 11/01/19 02:32 AM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: DonM]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Don, I’d buy it from you if I didn’t already have one. I can vouch for Don’s Arranger Keyboard Shop. First rate service and great prices smile

#479540 - 11/01/19 03:30 AM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: DannyUK]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Originally Posted By Dnj

Hi Donny,

To me, SX900 is more than able to handle playing in front of audiences. It all depends on what features of the SX900 you rely on. I myself play using only the Registration feature. Each registration number is for playing a specefic tune. This way I'll have 8 songs for each registration bank. I save all my repertoire on each Registration including the Style, the OTS, the Multipad. Everything is set before hand on the registrations. Then you are ready to rock.

#479549 - 11/01/19 08:32 AM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: Telmo]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Telmo
Originally Posted By Dnj

Hi Donny,

To me, SX900 is more than able to handle playing in front of audiences. It all depends on what features of the SX900 you rely on. I myself play using only the Registration feature. Each registration number is for playing a specefic tune. This way I'll have 8 songs for each registration bank. I save all my repertoire on each Registration including the Style, the OTS, the Multipad. Everything is set before hand on the registrations. Then you are ready to rock.

Same here. No problems when doing registrations.
That way I can concentrate on playing ...
Has worked for me for more than 20years and never had problems. ... wink
Eric

#479558 - 11/01/19 10:32 AM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After looking at the many demos and list of features of the SX-900, I'm very confident that it would be more than adequate for anyone performing on stage - you just have to familiarize yourself with the tools and USE them. I am amazed at the number of individual players that did not take advantage of the Music Finder Directory feature on earlier models. It was a fantastic asset for on stage performers, and completely eliminated dead time between songs, but if, and only if, you used it properly. And, when used in combination with registrations, a performer could very easily transition from one song to another with zero dead time. Navigation on the SX-900 seems very easy to me, but I have tutored others that could not navigate easily using any operating system of any manufacturer. To some, the task of navigating from one song to the next was very perplexing to say the least.

Several years ago, I posted a video on this very subject. I'll see if I can find it and post it again - it may prove beneficial, even for SX-900 users.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#479583 - 11/01/19 10:45 PM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Sorry for returning to the original topic, but I have decided to try the SX900 again before electing to sell or return. I have 30 days to return it.
Also I want to mention that I never meant to interfere or compete in any way with Frank. Most people on other forums have no idea that his prices and service are so great.
I got mine for close to his price, but slightly more. I wanted to get it from Frank, but he said it might be several weeks before he got more.

#479585 - 11/02/19 01:47 AM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: DonM]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Don could You PM Me? Sincerely Harold

#479593 - 11/02/19 06:29 AM Re: Great deal on PSR SX970 [Re: Harold123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Harold123
Don could You PM Me? Sincerely Harold

wink

Edited by Dnj (11/02/19 07:21 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry