SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#479775 - 11/05/19 02:08 PM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: saxxman]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman

Will post as I learn and make conclusions, but so far, the upgrade to me has been well worth the dough. I sold my PA900 and S970 and have not looked back. Love the new look, the new screen, and the new features! dance2

Congrats on your SX900 Randy, it's an amazing instrument and you will love it more as you delve into it further. I traded my Pa900 towards my SX900 as well and I could have also included the S975 as well but I want to keep that for now, but if I had I wouldn't have missed it either, the SX900 is that good.

All the best.
Danny.

#479776 - 11/05/19 02:10 PM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: rikkisbears]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Thanks Danny - totally agree! Love this thang! I really had a difficult Ebay "sell" on my PA900 (which I won't go into), but both boards are now in new owner hands and I am elated to have the newest Yamaha toy in mine. smile

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#479783 - 11/05/19 02:46 PM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Hi Rikki - Yes, I am happy to announce ---- Thanks FRANK!

THE SX900 HAS LANDED!!!! YEE HAA!!!

Took possession over the weekend but I had a gig and spent my time woodshedding on the saxophone... have had a couple hours with it and am still "acclimating". I love what I have heard, seen, and experienced with this new board! The PlayList thing at first appeared daunting, but I am starting to get the hang of it and think in the end it will be quite usable. Probably better for me than the old Music Finder was as most of my stuff will be set up in registrations and then referenced from a Playlist. Looking forward to learning more as I go.

Will post as I learn and make conclusions, but so far, the upgrade to me has been well worth the dough. I sold my PA900 and S970 and have not looked back. Love the new look, the new screen, and the new features! dance2

You sly fox you, haha, CONGRATULATIONS, you were awful quiet, haha.

Happy to hear you’re enjoying it.

You’ll get the hang of it, I hadn’t even used a registration before so I was well behind.
Still haven’t spent a heap of time on Playlist, but looks like a great function.

I’m still sorting thru the factory style database from about 10 different Yamaha keyboards. When I finally get the ones that sound best on SX, and get rid of all the duplicates between the various models, I’m DELETING all the leftovers so that I’m never tempted to do it again. Haha.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479787 - 11/05/19 03:25 PM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Danny - totally agree! Love this thang! I really had a difficult Ebay "sell" on my PA900 (which I won't go into), but both boards are now in new owner hands and I am elated to have the newest Yamaha toy in mine. smile

Hi Randy,
happy to hear it worked out in the end.

My PA4x, Pa3x, and psr S950 all found new homes. So far so good.
Had my Pa800 on eBay, put it up for sale, kept checking it constantly for any possible faults as it hadn’t been used in quite a while, had a bid, 2 days before end of auction discovered the flute voice was was faulty. So withdrew it . In hindsight probably not a bad thing to have a spare arranger, for the few hundred dollars I was asking probably better off keeping it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479789 - 11/05/19 03:39 PM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: DannyUK]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
, it's an amazing instrument and you will love it more as you delve into it

Danny.

Couldn’t agree more.
I had some misconceptions as to how some things work ie
Everyone was raving about the extra memory, so I assumed , well, if you have styles that use audio ( ie the tyros 5 audio styles for Genos) that you must have to save them in the keyboard itself, eventually limiting the amount of audio styles one could have. Thanks to a post from Manuel on psr forum on audio pads, I realised audio styles could actually be saved to USB .
Hence far less limiting.
I had tried to save an audio style on my S950 to USB , wouldn’t let me do it, so just assumed that’s how it worked.
So yes, one really needs to delve into it’s workings before jumping to conclusions.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479793 - 11/05/19 05:04 PM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: rikkisbears]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
-------------------------------
Rikki: You sly fox you, haha, CONGRATULATIONS, you were awful quiet, haha.

Happy to hear you’re enjoying it.
-------------------------------

Rikki - yeah, just hadn't had too much time to play with the board due to the sax gig over the weekend. My old registrations weren't working when I first called them up due to the fact the styles were buried in folders on the USB stick. Got that figured out and all the Reg's now work great and sound great!

Looking forward to digging into this thing and figuring out how to maximize use of the Playlist which I think will greatly simplify my use of this great little board. I also love the control button which allows you to "dial down" the extra parts in the style while playing - can take the style down to just drums and bass on a moment's notice! That is cool because you can take any style and just use the drums and bass from it. Very convenient.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#479802 - 11/05/19 07:34 PM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: saxxman]
rikkisbears Offline

-I also love the control button which allows you to "dial down" the extra parts in the style while playing - can take the style down to just drums and bass on a moment's notice! That is cool because you can take any style and just use the drums and bass from it. Very convenient.

One of the demo’s was showing something along those lines. Can’t remember which one, couldn’t quite work out what he was doing at first, but sure looks handy.

The style reset button sounds interesting, though not quite sure in what situation one would use it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479817 - 11/06/19 06:19 AM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: rikkisbears]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

The style reset button sounds interesting, though not quite sure in what situation one would use it.

Rikki, I'll simplify that function for you. When you press the "reset" the style/beat begins again at the 1st count of the measure, so if you 're playing a song in 4/4, like "All You Need IS Love" (Beatles) that switches into 3/4 every so often - you can press the "reset" button whenever you need to sync up your downbeats.

ie:

(1) There's (2) nothing you can (3) do that (4) can't be
(1) done ... (2) ... (3)
(RESET)
............ (2) Nothing you can (3) sing that (4) can't be
(1) sung ... etc

Lots of songs throw in a measure, or two of a shorter length, and this button allows you to keep all your downbeats in sync. How this was easy to understand.

#479852 - 11/06/19 11:07 AM Re: SX700 Demo from Bonners. [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Thank you Dave,
Very well explained and makes sense, will be useful after all.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online