SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#479478 - 10/31/19 09:06 AM Wha' hoppened here?
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA

My goodness! What on Earth happened here in the Synthzone. I'm on hiatus for a few months and I come back to....everyone here looking for the Mona Lisa of arranger keyboards...the Holy Grail....the keyboard equivalent to the Fountain of Youth....the keyboard fit for the Energizer Bunny....the ultimate arranger showpiece that might just get locked away safely in a safe deposit box and taken out only as a showpiece/conversation piece.

This is still a great room, but nothing like it was in the days of Diki and Scott Yee. Diki alone had so many great ideas on not only equipment but making music.

I DID read some posts, over the last few weeks, about some members making comments about getting back to "music" discussions. I think that's a heck of a good idea. What's the point of owning a Numero Uno arranger keyboard if you've spent most of your free time shopping for it and no time left to practice music.

So.....do you think the "leaders" here would serve the group better by leading discussion back to actual playing and getting better instead of the present "shopping," analyzing and then posting a video of their dream keyboard? Or is everyone content with the status quo?

YES______(fill in blank)....... NO ______(fill in blank)........... Mark picked no.

#479479 - 10/31/19 09:10 AM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Mark if you don't like it here
why complain, there are so many other forums out there to
discuss whatever you like or PM Scott or Diki to chat. confused1

#479483 - 10/31/19 10:20 AM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: Mark79100]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Mark79100
Diki alone had so many great ideas on not only equipment but making music.

Welcome back. Diki really knows what he is doing, that is for sure.

#479487 - 10/31/19 11:44 AM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Glad you're back, Mark.

Russ

#479493 - 10/31/19 12:28 PM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: Mark79100]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Welcome back.

Always enjoy your thoughts on variety of subjects.

I agree, Scott Yee was a great contributor to the forum. Always willing to help and share his knowledge.

Jerryghr

Edited by Jerryghr (10/31/19 12:29 PM)

#479494 - 10/31/19 12:32 PM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Wow! I can't believe I read that. Gee Mark, how dare you suggest that a MUSIC forum should be about MUSIC and not about America's original sin; SHOPPING, or more specifically, 'How to use FedEX to correct your bad decision-making'. Ok, I'm trying to remember; when exactly did we cede our democracy? When did only 'Dear Leader's' opinion count?

I re-read Mark's post again, looking for bad language, personal attacts, arranger bashing, etc.; hmmm, couldn't find a single thing; just a suggestion that some of us might like more MUSIC discussions than SHOPPING discussions. Oh well.

chas

#479496 - 10/31/19 12:38 PM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Originally Posted By Mark79100
Diki alone had so many great ideas on not only equipment but making music.

Welcome back. Diki really knows what he is doing, that is for sure.

Fran is my goto for Roland for sure... Although Diki is knowledgable too for the most part.

Edited by Dnj (10/31/19 12:39 PM)

#479502 - 10/31/19 01:03 PM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

Attachments
oh-crap-did.jpg

#479513 - 10/31/19 03:38 PM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny...thank you so much for being first in line to comment and being part of the Welcoming committee with your kind words. You always have great things to say no matter what the occasion. Like the other members, you made me feel right at home after my absence. But I think you confused the words "complain" and "comment." I believe it was "comments" that I made.

Now.....for the record, I like this room very much...good energy and a lot of personal friendships formed here. What displeases me is when you take advantage of your unofficial role as Commander in Chief and Lord of the Flies to remind (convince?) everyone how you are the ultimate musician (which, of course, we already know you are) and superior to us ordinary mortals.

Not to mention your constant "clapping hands" and your cliched 3-4 word replies to just about anybody who writes something (even a meat loaf recipe). But the purpose of that is you "rachet" up your "post count," so that's a good thing.

What really displeases me though is when you try and pass off a professionally done arranger demo as your own. Your most recent being your post on 09-07-19 (which of course you edited it out). I still have the recording if you'd like me to refresh your memory of it.

And then I think there was your dual identity a few years back.

Other then all that, you're an OK guy in my book! Glad you got over you're "self pity" last week and rejoined the group. Everyone here looks up to you.

#479529 - 10/31/19 05:54 PM Re: Wha' hoppened here? [Re: Mark79100]
DannyUK Offline

Welcome back Mark, I hope you're all good.

Btw, what happened to Diki and Scott? And also Ian? Their posts were very valued and enjoyable to read.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online