SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#479136 - 10/27/19 08:48 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
And what would you do with a beautiful young lady if you caught one? smile HEE HEE!

#479137 - 10/27/19 08:52 PM Re: Relax... [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
And what would you do with a beautiful young lady if you caught one? smile HEE HEE!

Same thing I have always done... be the protective Father like.. grin

#479177 - 10/28/19 10:43 AM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Not the best in the world, but certainly pleasant and easy to look at and listen to. These days, I'll support almost anyone who would work that hard on the art form I love.

Thanks, Fran

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (10/28/19 10:45 AM)

#479195 - 10/28/19 02:39 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
My sentiments too, Russ. Sure we can nitpick all we want, and Chick Corea is a better pianist and Sarah Vaughn could out sing her, but to play at the level she’s playing takes a life time of dedication. Plus I am absolutely certain that most people (not musicians) would prefer her music over Chick Corea because her music is so much more familiar and accessible.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#479199 - 10/28/19 03:49 PM Re: Relax... [Re: montunoman]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By montunoman
My sentiments too, Russ. Sure we can nitpick all we want, and Chick Corea is a better pianist and Sarah Vaughn could out sing her, but to play at the level she’s playing takes a life time of dedication. Plus I am absolutely certain that most people (not musicians) would prefer her music over Chick Corea because her music is so much more familiar and accessible.

Paul, I'm usually with you but I think if someone puts a youtube performance up, they're usually looking for feedback. A critique isn't worth a dime if it isn't honest. After a half century of looking at, listening to, and playing, jazz music, I think I'm entitled to make honest, NON-mean spirited, evaluative comments. I don't think Fran took offense to that. Human nature being what it is and testosterone-fueled tendencies being what they are; men tend to be more defensive about any PERCEIVED slights to the opposite sex, whether deserved or not, especially if she happens to be 'fair of face' (CUTE). I'm sure my critique (NOT put-down) would have gone pretty much un-noticed if she looked like Bride of Frankenstein. So in the end, it's not about whether she can play better than you or me or whether her music is more 'accessible' than Chick's; it's about 'how would you critique this performance'. I'm sure a lot of those little geniuses at Berklee and Julliard can outplay their teachers but that doesn't mean that that seasoned musical education professional can't critique them.

As I said, I agree with you on 99% of things so this is just a minor blip smile smile. Take care.

BTW, your signature quote "It not the keyboard, it's the keyboardist" is probably the MOST-QUOTED in Synthzone history smile.

chas

#479225 - 10/29/19 08:30 AM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
All good points Chas, and well taken. Music is such a subjective art form, we're all bond to have different opinions. I respect and I'm interested in your thoughts on music. I wish our conversations here on SZ would be more about music and less about gear. Thanks for trying to move the conversation in that direction.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#479389 - 10/30/19 01:10 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
From somneone who won't listen to this type of music at all, because of her I listened....

#479390 - 10/30/19 01:15 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Steve A]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Steve A
From somneone who won't listen to this type of music at all, because of her I listened....

OK, now you're ready for Dianna Krall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr8xDSPjII8

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online