SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#479179 - 10/28/19 10:56 AM SRX expansions available for Fantom
Crossover Offline

Roland Axial now provides the first expansions for Fantom, in combination wih a firmware update. The expansions World and Studio are very obviously based on the old SRX boards world and studio, I recognize the tone names and sounds in the demos.
Good news in terms of lacking acoustic sounds, but in no way adequate for new high-end workstation to provide sounds from the 1990s and early 2000s.

#479191 - 10/28/19 12:08 PM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Crossover]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
Roland Axial now provides the first expansions for Fantom, in combination wih a firmware update. The expansions World and Studio are very obviously based on the old SRX boards world and studio, I recognize the tone names and sounds in the demos.
Good news in terms of lacking acoustic sounds, but in no way adequate for new high-end workstation to provide sounds from the 1990s and early 2000s.

Thats a first step of a long road,...
I am more interested to see of they can add other engines
Like the super Natural acoustic Engine.

As Said, a very long road, hope they Will still be surprising us with updates in 2 or 3 years.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#479192 - 10/28/19 01:41 PM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
That is good news .. The Studio SRX library is my choice to use with the G70..It compliments the G70 sounds.. Particularly Drums, Bass, and EP.

#479283 - 10/29/19 03:14 PM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

It‘s especially noteworthy that for the first time, all expansions can be used simultaneously. The Integra had a 4-slot limitation, the FA 2 slots, and the Fantom X rack had 6 physical slots for SRX boards.

#479285 - 10/29/19 03:21 PM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Crossover]
Dnj Offline

It‘s especially noteworthy that for the first time, all expansions can be used simultaneously. The Integra had a 4-slot limitation, the FA 2 slots, and the Fantom X rack had 6 physical slots for SRX boards.

Good too know for sure.. Roland sounds are excellent.

#479291 - 10/29/19 04:06 PM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Crossover]
Fran Carango Offline

Sarah, are you saying the Fantom can use 12 expansion libraries at the same time?

Are you talking downloads when they become available or is it designed to use hardware physical slots?

How large is the RAM area?

I haven't had a chance to check out Fantom in detail... yet.

#479298 - 10/29/19 06:00 PM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Fran Carango]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Sarah, are you saying the Fantom can use 12 expansion libraries at the same time?

Are you talking downloads when they become available or is it designed to use hardware physical slots?

How large is the RAM area?

I haven't had a chance to check out Fantom in detail... yet.

It‘s Rachel, not Sarah;)
According to what I read in other forums, 16 slots means 16 expansions readily available at the same time. I just discovered that one of the additional expansions beyond the 12 SRX expansions, „Stage piano 2“, includes the „Ultimate Piano“ obviously from Fantom X.
Like the 2 slots in the FA, these are software slots for downloadable expansions.
I also read that a Sound on Sound review supposedly states a total FLASH memory of 4GB for external samples. (I don‘t know whether the 16 expansions are regarded as a part of this flash storage.)

https://youtu.be/--2_ZK5fYQA

Edited by Crossover (10/29/19 06:08 PM)

#479300 - 10/29/19 06:54 PM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Crossover]
Fran Carango Offline

Rachel thanks .. sorry for my mistaken your name.. I even knew better.. smile

The funny thing, I've known two sisters for nearly twenty years . They are Sarah and Rachel... and I get them mixed up all the time smile

Edited by Fran Carango (10/29/19 07:17 PM)

#479306 - 10/30/19 02:14 AM Re: SRX expansions available for Fantom [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
... and I get them mixed up all the time smile

If only mix and not forget, then you're a lucky guy Fran. 😉
I'm strugling to remember names all the time, so no danger to mix X or Y .... 😁🍻

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online