Topic Options
#478966 - 10/25/19 02:12 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By rikkisbears

[quote=rikkisbears]Hi Donny,
basically quite simple.
I started with a new playlist. ( Could have used an existing one instead)
Then pressed the Add Record , LIST icon
Then opened up my folder with the registrations ( registrations named after the songs)
Hi lighted the one/ones I wanted to add, pressed add to playlist, it goes back to playlist scree, then saved it.
If I wanted to add more at a later stage , just went thru same process ,
except for the first step of course, which was starting a new playlist.

Ok Rikki good news in away...
I was talking with Fran before and he made a good point....
try to follow me...

When I got the sx900 I loaded up my USb drive stick with all my reg & styles from my S970..
Then I loaded them Reg & Styles into User memory on the SX900..
The after numerous attempts to extract SINGLE songs from the Folders that I was able to load into the playlist ONLY ....I could not find a way to do this, file & menu tabs didn't light up to use to add to playlist....
Sooooooooooo I waa wondering as was Fran that you may have to create the reg from scratch within the new SX900 for it to be allowed to be used to extract SINGLE songs from the REG folders already in the playlist ??? make sense?... hope I was wrong confused1

did YOU use songs created on SX900 or songs taken from another keyboard first?

Hi Donny,
I tested mine with the playlist that is downloadable on the Yamaha site.

Old styles definitely load, but I don’t have old registrations , so really can’t tell you if they work or not. I never created any on my S950.

Eileen was sharing a set of registrations on the psr forum, could have been from Genos, couldn’t imagine she would have had enough time to create them from scratch on the sx. since the post dates back nearly 2 weeks ago.

I know the old tyros version of the new playlist function can be converted to work on sx, details on how to do it are in the downloadable reference manual, not in the owners manual supplied with the keyboard.

I’ll have a look and see if it mentions registrations, there may be a specific way of doing it.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478980 - 10/25/19 06:41 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

"Maybe Donny forgot that when you select a folder on playlist you then have to press Play list again to open it."

Could this be the answer?

#479229 - 10/29/19 09:55 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks for all the registration / playlist talk, interesting and informative, but can you, or anyone give us your overall opinion on how the dang thing sounds? (Especially compared to previously owned arranger keyboards)

Thanks

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#479238 - 10/29/19 10:53 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

45 day return comes to mind Larry.... Enjoy

#479251 - 10/29/19 12:25 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry, I talked with Don Mason about the SX-900 and he said it is an outstanding keyboard and sounds much better than the S-950 and S-975. Most of the other reports I've read thus far on the PSR Tutorial site pretty much say the same thing.

I would purchase one in a heartbeat, however, that's just one more thing my children would have to sell upon my death - I don't want to leave them or my wife with any burdens upon my passing.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#479254 - 10/29/19 12:29 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Larry, I talked with Don Mason about the SX-900 and he said it is an outstanding keyboard and sounds much better than the S-950 and S-975. Most of the other reports I've read thus far on the PSR Tutorial site pretty much say the same thing.

I would purchase one in a heartbeat, however, that's just one more thing my children would have to sell upon my death - I don't want to leave them or my wife with any burdens upon my passing.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

Gary thanks for sharing that. I’ve got one on order buy my favorite dealer Mr. Frankieve is awaiting arrival of more units. This board certainly looked like a winner to me, nice that Don Mason confirmed that! cool

#479257 - 10/29/19 12:36 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
45 day return comes to mind Larry.... Enjoy

That about sums it up. The SX-900 is just not for "you", and I get that.

See ya at breakfast someday soon

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#479258 - 10/29/19 12:39 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Larry,
All the reports I’ve read from owners (exception Donny), have been positive.

A couple of niggles on psr forum about some function being dropped in lieu of songlist function.

I had my psrs 950 and Sx 900 side by side for over a week, listened to them thru headphones and studio monitor speakers ( albeit very ancient ones) the sx to me sounded better.

Edited by rikkisbears (10/29/19 12:45 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479259 - 10/29/19 12:40 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: travlin'easy]
lahawk Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Good luck,

Gary 8)

Thanks for that info Gary. If Don Mason likes it, it must be decent. And I think Dave likes it too. Donny...not so much
I get the family "burden" thing. Hang in there my friend

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#479260 - 10/29/19 12:40 PM Re: Sx900 First Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Uncle Dave is singing it's praises too cool

Keep in mind... he hasn't used a Roland arranger since his E-70 days..

So what does he really know grin

Edited by Fran Carango (10/29/19 12:47 PM)

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online