Topic Options
#479026 - 10/26/19 06:49 PM Relax...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
for about 1 and 1/2 hours..

#479027 - 10/26/19 07:23 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Fran, I'd love to give you an HONEST assessment of her playing but I know it would just upset you and make you lash back. Let's just say that as a jazz singer and ESPECIALLY as a jazz pianist, I was NOT impressed. Some examples: exagerated syncopation (that loses the groove and almost the beat/time); cliched 'licks', and maybe the worst 'comping' I've heard in a pro group (too loud, very amateurish, and no indication that she's listening to the EXCELLENT guitarist during his solo ('I'm old fashioned'). Of course this is just MY assessment; no one has to agree with it. It's just that there are SOOOooo many really good jazz singer/stylist and jazz pianist that are so much better. JMO.

chas

#479028 - 10/26/19 07:24 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

What does have to do with arranger keyboards?

#479031 - 10/26/19 08:19 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Chas, I found it interesting.. She sings like Youtubes Aimee smile

She wrote most of the material they played, and did the arrangements.

Did I mention she is cute grin

At first I didn't think any were great... but good.. As I watched I changed my mine The drummer, the bass player, the guitar player and the brass were all excellent.. and Yes I thought She was pretty good too.

Did I say how good looking she was? grin

Donny It had about as much to do with arranger keyboards, as returning keyboards to FedEx. shocked

I should add that some seasoned pros can learn from small groups and apply it to the way arrangers should sound..

Chas Sure there are tons of videos that we can watch, but I seen this .. I am sure she sings better then you or I grin

Plays piano better than we do smile

And looks better then you... maybe us shocked

I did think drums , bass, and guitar were super tight..

Maybe worth a look again... without jumping around grin

Edited by Fran Carango (10/26/19 09:48 PM)

#479032 - 10/26/19 08:58 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
What does have to do with arranger keyboards?

Not the first, won't be the last, and it is part of what makes S-Z the great, interesting place that it is ...
And it's about MUSIC !!! wink

#479033 - 10/26/19 09:26 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Chas here is another for you.. seasoned group that has been together for 35 years.

Chic can't sing and doesn't look good. smile

Donny it is rumored that the video is overdubbed. They used a Casio WK3800 (arranger).. grin

Edited by Fran Carango (10/26/19 09:28 PM)

#479034 - 10/26/19 09:30 PM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I wrote this before you posted the second video.

Fran, I agree with you about the musicians (although they all could have been fresh out of Berkelee). I even thought the arrangements were good (not exceptional, but not bad). As far as cute, not my type but certainly not unattractive - btw, not a requirement for making good music (but then, I know you're just kidding). I just think (my opinion only) she wasn't a very good jazz pianist and only a so-so vocalist. BUT, like most old men, we check the 'bod' first and THEN the music smile.

BTW, the next time you decide to post a musical performance, you'd better run it by our new 'forum content police' first to make sure it meets his approval. Anyhoo, I'd much rather have a nice music performance video to dissect/discuss/enjoy than a gazillion videos of somebody's latest 24hr love affair--uh, make that 3 1/2 hrs. Go 'Iggles' (they're struggling right now but they can still take the Giants smile - sorry Tony).

chas

Edited by cgiles (10/26/19 09:32 PM)

#479037 - 10/27/19 05:45 AM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Didn't listen to it all but skipped around and I think she's a pretty decent performer and a great group behind her. I wish there were a bigger market for such classy music and I wish I could play like that.
Donny , not an Arranger performance but maybe something we could strive to recreate with an Arranger or at least come close. Listening to all kinds of music helps expand our creativity. Enjoy the performance.

#479039 - 10/27/19 06:05 AM Re: Relax... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Chas here is another for you.. seasoned group that has been together for 35 years.

Donny it is rumored that the video is overdubbed. They used a Casio WK3800 (arranger).. grin

Certainly sounds like it Fran....
btw I turned off the first video after
3 1/2minutes....
just sayin

Edited by Dnj (10/27/19 07:38 AM)

#479041 - 10/27/19 07:18 AM Re: Relax... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Certainly sounds like it Fran....
btw I turned off the first video after 3/1/3 minutes....
just sayin

That is what you did wrong.. again!

Just like keyboards you don't wait long enough to evaluate.. The video didn't get interesting till after the 10 minute mark. smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online