Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#478740 - 10/24/19 07:18 AM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Donny, Enjoy that EA7.

Steve,.....Gracie my good friend...
btw when is your road trip to Frank's store?
Hope you comin' home with some goodies!!

#478752 - 10/24/19 08:41 AM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: DannyUK]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By DannyUK
Hi Donny,

Thanks for sharing these vids, not seen these before. They are certainly interesting and gives a different sound to what I've heard before. From the initial impressions of this keyboard, not quite in the same league of Yamaha and Korg especially in the drums, but still quite a nice refreshing difference as an alternative. The Piano sounds incredible though, always understood Roland to have the best Piano sound.

Good luck with it and I hope this is the one for you now!!!

Actually the drum sounds are quite good, and I believe still way better than those of Yamaha. Korg's drums are different, but also good. My favorite thing about the EA7, other than the light weight, is the quality and variety of styles.
It also has the sounds I use a lot, guitars, pianos, organs, sax, harmonica, fiddle. Lacks a good pedal steel, which I could probably make for it if I wanted.
All the arrangers' drum kits can be replaced totally these days. Dynamix makes excellent drum kits for all the brands. I haven't felt the need for them on the EA7 though.
A person must pick an arranger according to what fits his own needs and wants, but there are no bad choices.

#478762 - 10/24/19 09:51 AM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Hi Donny,

Thanks for sharing these vids, not seen these before. They are certainly interesting and gives a different sound to what I've heard before. From the initial impressions of this keyboard, not quite in the same league of Yamaha and Korg especially in the drums, but still quite a nice refreshing difference as an alternative. The Piano sounds incredible though, always understood Roland to have the best Piano sound.

Good luck with it and I hope this is the one for you now!!!

Actually the drum sounds are quite good, and I believe still way better than those of Yamaha. Korg's drums are different, but also good. My favorite thing about the EA7, other than the light weight, is the quality and variety of styles.
It also has the sounds I use a lot, guitars, pianos, organs, sax, harmonica, fiddle. Lacks a good pedal steel, which I could probably make for it if I wanted.
All the arrangers' drum kits can be replaced totally these days. Dynamix makes excellent drum kits for all the brands. I haven't felt the need for them on the EA7 though.
A person must pick an arranger according to what fits his own needs and wants, but there are no bad choices.

I don't get the negative opinions of the drums on the E-A7.. Even Dynamix calls the drum kits as the weak link (but they are marketing their own) smile

I have done side by side comparisons with Korg , Yamaha, Casio, Ketron, and older Roland drum kits (G70).

I have found the E-A7 better than the Yamaha, Korg, Casio, G70 (without SRX board), and a close second to Ketron.

The E-A7 shines in it's ability to quickly edit drum kits. Virtually change whatever parameter you want.

A simple velocity edit can bring a drumkit to life, allowing the velocity switching of samples to be enhanced.

The E-A7 drums are better than the G70 factory kits (they are still good), adding the SRX studio card, makes the drum kits great.

#478769 - 10/24/19 10:06 AM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Fran I agree..... but the only way to really find out is to hear it not read it I'll repeat hear it talk is cheap...

#478775 - 10/24/19 10:24 AM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Hi Guys, as with everything it's subjective and an opinion. Based on what I heard in the video's that Donny posted I didn't think the quality of the drums sounded quite as good as Yamaha's and Korg's, I am just basing on what I heard. Maybe it's because I am not used to hearing Roland's, that could be a factor. They are still good, I wouldn't say they're not, so nothing negative, just a preference. In fact, I also prefer the drums from GEM as well which I've always found excellent and close to Ketron's in some ways, again just a preference.

If I had that Roland in my room I know it would sound better in real life than any videos, so that is something to consider also.

Edited by DannyUK (10/24/19 10:26 AM)

#478777 - 10/24/19 10:40 AM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: DannyUK]
124 Offline

Hi Guys, as with everything it's subjective and an opinion. Based on what I heard in the video's that Donny posted I didn't think the quality of the drums sounded quite as good as Yamaha's and Korg's, I am just basing on what I heard. Maybe it's because I am not used to hearing Roland's, that could be a factor. They are still good, I wouldn't say they're not, so nothing negative, just a preference. In fact, I also prefer the drums from GEM as well which I've always found excellent and close to Ketron's in some ways, again just a preference.

If I had that Roland in my room I know it would sound better in real life than any videos, so that is something to consider also.

Now THAT'S a very fair assessment. Thanks, Danny.

Edited by 124 (10/24/19 10:40 AM)

#478785 - 10/24/19 11:46 AM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

Fran Carango, Tony Mads and Don Mason
thank you for bringing me back to reality..

Yeah, but I thought it was going to be the Kn5000 wink

#478803 - 10/24/19 01:35 PM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Dnj

Fran Carango, Tony Mads and Don Mason
thank you for bringing me back to reality..

Yeah, but I thought it was going to be the Kn5000 wink

Tony if there was a MINT KN5000 and Technics service was still in operation I would certainly entertain that thought, I never liked the 6,6.5,7k for certain reasons sent them all back ....
I had good times with the KN5000 I got from Don Mason
until I traded it to Uncle Dave for a Ketron X1.

#478832 - 10/24/19 07:39 PM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
congratulations on your decision. Love those Bonner videos, that guy does a brilliant job of demoing keyboards and pianos.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478834 - 10/24/19 07:46 PM Re: Roland EA7 ........ [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Thanks Rikki... And so we try again!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online