SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#478322 - 10/18/19 03:11 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: zuki]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Donny, our limited interactions were delightful. The small trades and sales went perfectly.

You are an entertainer. I am a musician. We both appreciate the other. and your commitment to family and friends is something to be greatly admired.

I will ALWAYS be glad to hear from you...privately, if that is what you would be comfortable with.

You're quite a character, and characters make the world a more interesting place.

Russ

#478493 - 10/22/19 01:13 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I'd be sad if this was a goodbye situation as I value your opinion especially on Yamaha stuff.

I was really looking forward to your report on the SX900 so this is especially disappointing.

I blame myself for going on holiday for a fortnight.....

#478497 - 10/22/19 01:54 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: MacAllcock]
Dnj Offline

I apologize to almost all of the members but at this time certain people have led me into a dark place regarding my postings
"Et tu, Brute". I have limited my interactions to mostly PM replies partially for now, and even in some instances they have gotten lost in the mix somehow after writing lengthy messages also which I cannot retrieve or remember most of what I wrote to them. That said the hurtfulness of those posts a few days from people I thought were friends has also dampened my enthusiasm leaving a bad taste in my mouth of receiving the New Sx900 tomorrow also. I simply am disheartened and need time to reconsider my thoughts. Friendship means a lot to me and when it is broken it digs deep. For now good luck and much excitement to ALL who receive the SX900/SX700 this week as they have shipped nationwide now. I expect to see many many demo videos about it and an assortment of pros & cons from new owners. I really do appreciate all the PM exchanges it is very humbling to speak with so many people worldwide. Maybe in time I will feel differently, but for now I will lurk behind the curtains. Your Yamaha SX900 Christmas morning starts tomorrow,
open your boxes and enjoy your musical presents.

Thank you for now.

#478498 - 10/22/19 02:15 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
"Et tu, Brute".

Well, I'm pretty sure that one's aimed at me. I posted a lengthy apology/retraction a few days ago, but it's lost somewhere in cyberspace. maybe I never saved it, or maybe it was taken down, but I'm almost certain I posted it. Here's the readers digest version:

Donny, I never meant to hurt your feelings. Truly. We razz, and we tease all the time, and if I took it too far ... I'm sorry.
My remarks about your posting "style" are all observations that many agree with. Other than my few pet peeves about using correct english, when it's your native tongue, my only (teeny-tiny) issue with your posts is how often you cry wolf about gear. It's not the fact that you buy/sell.trade so often ... I'm certainly guilty of that. It's the WAY you ramble on, and on about the features, and how right it is FOR YOUR NEEDS etc. You bring alot of the heat on yourself, but posting amazing accolades for days, then dumping it, citing how it doesn't measure up ... just makes your reviews seem a bit like white noise. I mean, c'mon - THREE PA4Xs?
Who needs three units to decide if it's a good fit? You erase posts, and modify comments as soon as the temperature rises a tad. We all have our opinions, and I admit, mine may not always be in the majority, but one thing is certain: I MEAN NO HARM. I have no ill will, and if I ruffled your feathers too much - again, I'm sorry. You're my boy, and you always will be, but I'm trying to look out for you, and help you to not embarrass yourself with this flip-flop mentality.

This may not sound like much of an apology, but my heart is in it. We're mostly all guilty of teasing at one time, or another, and believe me - I'm not trying to be hurtful. I will be more careful with my words in the future, and I hope you forgive me.
My SX will be here before lunch tomorrow, and I hope to post some reactions before I have to go to work.

#478499 - 10/22/19 02:24 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dave, I look forward to your review and demo's,
Lee

#478509 - 10/22/19 03:14 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
"Et tu, Brute".

Well, I'm pretty sure that one's aimed at me. I posted a lengthy apology/retraction a few days ago, but it's lost somewhere in cyberspace. maybe I never saved it, or maybe it was taken down, but I'm almost certain I posted it. Here's the readers digest version:

Donny, I never meant to hurt your feelings. Truly. We razz, and we tease all the time, and if I took it too far ... I'm sorry.
My remarks about your posting "style" are all observations that many agree with. Other than my few pet peeves about using correct english, when it's your native tongue, my only (teeny-tiny) issue with your posts is how often you cry wolf about gear. It's not the fact that you buy/sell.trade so often ... I'm certainly guilty of that. It's the WAY you ramble on, and on about the features, and how right it is FOR YOUR NEEDS etc. You bring alot of the heat on yourself, but posting amazing accolades for days, then dumping it, citing how it doesn't measure up ... just makes your reviews seem a bit like white noise. I mean, c'mon - THREE PA4Xs?
Who needs three units to decide if it's a good fit? You erase posts, and modify comments as soon as the temperature rises a tad. We all have our opinions, and I admit, mine may not always be in the majority, but one thing is certain: I MEAN NO HARM. I have no ill will, and if I ruffled your feathers too much - again, I'm sorry. You're my boy, and you always will be, but I'm trying to look out for you, and help you to not embarrass yourself with this flip-flop mentality.This may not sound like much of an apology, but my heart is in it. We're mostly all guilty of teasing at one time, or another, and believe me - I'm not trying to be hurtful. I will be more careful with my words in the future, and I hope you forgive me.
My SX will be here before lunch tomorrow, and I hope to post some reactions before I have to go to work.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dave, let me start with I am willing to make amends to whatever you meant with this post apology or whatever. Yes the "et tu brute" was aimed at you as the negativity knife coming from especially you multiple times in the past stung deep and hard. Also it wasn't just you but a few others who I will not mention and start more friction between members. I'm me & you are you, and we are very different but we are much the same also even tough you spell better then me just sayin'. Life is too short to bicker we have too many years together, too many breakfasts, lunches & dinners, etc, even late wee hours in your garage learning a new Arranger KB to get ready for jobs the next day. Many late nights in some secluded dark parking lot exchanging keyboards and gear at ungodly hours, filling in for each other on stage, too. But for now let tomorrow be the turning of a new page as we both and many others here on SZ receive the Yamaha SX900 to explore, play, discuss and hopefully enjoy. I feel better getting this all off my chest. So I guess yes I'm back.
Group Hug everyone...

#478511 - 10/22/19 03:15 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dave,
looking forward to your review., and Don’s getting his hands on one too. Woohoo. Interesting days ahead.

P.s. great to see you back too Donny.

Edited by rikkisbears (10/22/19 03:17 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478514 - 10/22/19 03:28 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gotta love the emotional Italians
duel drink (I do believe UD is Italian on his mom's side) ...

I LOVE this place !!!
headphone party

#478516 - 10/22/19 03:44 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
So I guess yes I'm back.
Group Hug everyone...

Donny, I'm relieved that you've chosen to come back. Personally...I don't care if you buy a million PA4X's or a million SX900's. I've always learned from your experiences and we need you posting, as you're a valuable resource to everyone. The fact that your willing to share your foibles with arranger keyboards...only shows you got guts to share your likes and dislikes. Keep on posting buddy...good or bad.
Mitch

#478517 - 10/22/19 03:46 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
We're ALL Italian, Tony!

Donny, I'm glad to see you back here. It's really sad when long-time friends call it quits. I know, because I've lost quite a few (though none of it was my fault! wink )

Looking forward to SX900 reviews and demos!

Peace. smile

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online