SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#478243 - 10/17/19 06:43 AM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
It's not that you change your mind ... it's HOW you do it. You start with a zillion videos, then tell everyone how this is the BEST thing FOR YOU ever. You sing the praises like it's the end-all instrument ... till you get bored. If you ask me, you're lousy at retirement. You have too much time to think. No one cares if you buy, trade and sell all your gear. It's how you cry wolf every single time. Just relax, my friend ... you don't have to sty up on the latest thing anymore. Your crowds were never disappointed with whatever you brought on stage. Now that you're playing at home ... just enjoy the plethora of sounds available on the PC, and trigger them with any old thing that you like ... just don't try to sell us all on how much you love it. We don't believe you.
smile

I was very hurt reading this post Dave especially from YOU...
lately you have been only negative to anything I post just like a few others which I won't mention but know exactly who THEY are.
That said I think a long awaited back out from SZ is what
I really need. If anyone needs help just message me.
My time is done here, I'll leave you with this.....
I wish you all well and good luck in your musical journeys.

Adios Amigos

#478260 - 10/17/19 08:12 AM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Dont be so Serious to each other , Relax and make music .

#478269 - 10/17/19 08:42 AM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
There are times when you will only hear the (sometimes painful) truth from someone who actually CARES for you and is genuinely concerned for your well-being. Enablers are not always your friend. A friend is someone who, upon seeing a pattern of potentially destructive behavior, cares enough to risk a fracture in the relationship and speak up. I think Dave's observations and attempt at intervention is on point and, given the history between the two of you, well-intentioned. If you think he's off-base, then fine, thank him for his concern and move on. Sharing his feelings honestly doesn't make him less of a friend. JMO. AND, if all you want IS that 'perfect' keyboard, let me know when you find it; I'll buy one too smile. Wishing you only the best.

chas

PS: Embrace retirement; it ain't that bad once you find something to do (or learn to enjoy doing nothing) smile.

#478275 - 10/17/19 11:08 AM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: cgiles]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
There are times when you will only hear the (sometimes painful) truth from someone who actually CARES for you and is genuinely concerned for your well-being. Enablers are not always your friend. A friend is someone who, upon seeing a pattern of potentially destructive behavior, cares enough to risk a fracture in the relationship and speak up. I think Dave's observations and attempt at intervention is on point and, given the history between the two of you, well-intentioned. If you think he's off-base, then fine, thank him for his concern and move on. Sharing his feelings honestly doesn't make him less of a friend. JMO. AND, if all you want IS that 'perfect' keyboard, let me know when you find it; I'll buy one too smile. Wishing you only the best.

chas

PS: Embrace retirement; it ain't that bad once you find something to do (or learn to enjoy doing nothing) smile.

Very well said wink
Eric

#478278 - 10/17/19 11:37 AM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Come on Donny. You have too many friends to bail out. Sometimes, well intended razzing is taken too seriously, or given without thought of a personal affront. You have known us for over twenty years, in some cases.

You are one of my best forum buddies and I don't want you to leave.

Bernie

#478281 - 10/17/19 12:22 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By cgiles

chas

YUP. What Chas said. And, he said it beautifully.

#478290 - 10/17/19 01:08 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Uncle Dave]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny, maybe a break IS what you need ...
Get your new KB - whatever it may be - and then come back and show us how great it sounds ...
Not "Good bye" but "I'll see you later" ...

#478302 - 10/17/19 05:49 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Changing a routine (retirement in this case) is difficult. I keep playing because the consecutive days at home become awful lonely.

Donny, at least play a few times a month and enjoy your different keyboards (who cares what it is). You are a master singer and player and the folks deserve to hear you (even if you're in a funk).

p.s. You helped me in to this business, always grateful for.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#478303 - 10/17/19 07:47 PM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
+1, Jim.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#478319 - 10/18/19 10:02 AM Re: Sx900 sounds like a Casio? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

and Gary...you were just as instrumental in helping me along. We tend to forget the good people and dwell on the ones that are dissing us...(they are out there!) A shame - jealousy.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online