SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47672 - 03/28/03 08:23 PM How do I?
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Question: As an example, let's suppose that I "Easy Record" a song using just a single melody note but with Techichord turned on. Then if I convert this to SMF and save, then look at the Midi file in a sequencer, all of the technichord notes have been recorded.
Is there any way to convert this file so that only the original single note melody notes are seen.
The reason that I ask this is I would like to print out just a lead sheet of the music without the added technichord notes.
Walt

#47673 - 03/29/03 01:01 AM Re: How do I?
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Walt,
Recently I tried to analyze that same problem but I couldn't find the solutions(If there is one?). I then choose for a practical approach. I added a 'whatever' sound on right2 ( -CONDUCTOR- -PART SELECT- -RIGHT2-). I put the volume on -0- and -MUTE- and recorded the song. Afterthat I could read in that track (track2) in Cakewalk the single notes and print it out as a sheet.
So this is a practical tip which only works if you record a new song and not of course with an existing song.
Maybe other members know more about that?
Greetings,
Cees.

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 03-29-2003).]

#47674 - 03/29/03 02:32 AM Re: How do I?
technicsplayer Offline

the exact solution is to follow the advice of "How Do I?" page 15 and "Getting to Know" 1.11.

That gives a lead note only melody track 1 ready for printing whilst providing the exact identical technichord sound on track 4 with the additional advantages of considerably superior programming flexibility and sound production, i.e. up to three independently balanced voices in the right hand.

#47675 - 03/29/03 07:31 AM Re: How do I?
Walt Meyer Offline

Cees & Alec,
Thanks --
Alec, I never thought to use the Technichord part selection for printing purposes -- Thank You. (I'm learning, I'm learning).

Cees, I too have some previously recorded files where I would like to separate the melody from the technichord harmony. Right now it looks like the only way would be to step edit the file, erase the harmony notes, and save as a new file name and use this for printing. a very tedious process.
Maybe someone will figure out an easier solution for existing files.
Cheers,
Walt

#47676 - 03/29/03 09:41 AM Re: How do I?
technicsplayer Offline

note edit would be far, far quicker than step edit because entirely graphical and intuitive. You can zip through a track erasing notes in no time.

just copy R1 out to track 9 or somewhere empty, and erase the notes there. Leave this track switched off when you save and the sound will be unaffected, yet the melody information available anytime you want for printing, and no duplicate files are needed.

if you are printing from a pc sequencer already, why not erase the notes there with the mouse? - even quicker than note edit.

#47677 - 03/29/03 11:02 AM Re: How do I?
Walt Meyer Offline

Thanks Alec, I knew I could count on you!
Walt

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online