SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#476318 - 09/20/19 06:00 AM Sx900 marketing strategy???
Dnj Offline

Does it do any justice to release in other countries before
the US and Europe. Having all these good/bad demos floating around after the initial Martin Harris official demos? with such a time gap leaving perspective buyers in the dark wondering while other manufacturers might still jump in the pool soon also?
What is Yamaha target and selling strategy with the Sx900.
Personally I was hyped but now I am hesitant and will
stand back with a wait and see attitude.
Is it just an S975 with a touch screen
and some revo drums & song-list features, etc?...
This time I wont be fooled but will take a buyer beware stance for now. Hope I 'm wrong...we'll see..

#476328 - 09/20/19 07:54 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thoughts?

#476331 - 09/20/19 08:30 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny, As you’ve stated before...we’ll have to wait and see when it gets in the hands of US users. I personally believe that Yamaha could ill afford to release a new psr product that didn’t set itself apart from the psr’s of the past. Just from the screen shots...the operating system seems to be a major upgrade.

I’m hopeful,
JM

#476332 - 09/20/19 09:08 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny, As you’ve stated before...we’ll have to wait and see when it gets in the hands of US users. I personally believe that Yamaha could ill afford to release a new psr product that didn’t set itself apart from the psr’s of the past. Just from the screen shots...the operating system seems to be a major upgrade.

I’m hopeful,
JM

That could be correct, ....and I'm sure Yamaha already has R&D designs ready to go or in progress for SX900,901,902,903, & Genos 2,3,4,5 it is inevitable and the way they have always led buyers on with incremental feature upgrades... this new wave will be no different in the coming years...choose wisely.

#476333 - 09/20/19 09:10 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: Dnj]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Puzzles me that...Players are ordering unseen !!!
Would you have married your wife UNSEEN ???

#476334 - 09/20/19 09:16 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: Graham UK]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Graham UK
Puzzles me that...Players are ordering unseen !!!
Would you have married your wife UNSEEN ???

+1. And LOL 😂

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#476335 - 09/20/19 09:18 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Not sure why Yammie floods them into the Eastern countries first... has anyone seen a chart depicting # of arranger users per country?

No argument that the flood of (non-English) demos sometimes adds confusion and forces us to wait for more revealing information/demos.

For me, the addition of the touch screen, and 3rd voice in right hand are a huge plus. May not have the SA2 voices, but being able to combine 3 voices versus 2 on the current PSRs would be great. The chord looper is new and not available on the Genos. Also, the assignable buttons (6) of them may be of great utility (though haven't seen too much on them yet). Also not sure (yet) regarding the touted improvements in sound dispersion from the speakers... change in the pitch wheels seems to facilitate a little better control of inflection.

Considering the added upgrades and the price difference between the SX900 and Genos, for an S970 user, the new board would be a great "trade up".

Now, if I can just get the "Deadbeat bidder" who "bought" my S970 to pay. Looks like I'm going to have to relist it now....

I, too, am hopeful!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#476336 - 09/20/19 09:29 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Not sure why Yammie floods them into the Eastern countries first... has anyone seen a chart depicting # of arranger users per country?

No argument that the flood of (non-English) demos sometimes adds confusion and forces us to wait for more revealing information/demos.

For me, the addition of the touch screen, and 3rd voice in right hand are a huge plus. May not have the SA2 voices, but being able to combine 3 voices versus 2 on the current PSRs would be great. The chord looper is new and not available on the Genos. Also, the assignable buttons (6) of them may be of great utility (though haven't seen too much on them yet). Also not sure (yet) regarding the touted improvements in sound dispersion from the speakers... change in the pitch wheels seems to facilitate a little better control of inflection.

Considering the added upgrades and the price difference between the SX900 and Genos, for an S970 user, the new board would be a great "trade up".

Now, if I can just get the "Deadbeat bidder" who "bought" my S970 to pay. Looks like I'm going to have to relist it now....

I, too, am hopeful!

and most will always have too play in stereo with two external speakers outside the home /Nh, gigs, etc,.. to achieve a quality sound as heard in MH demos...otherwise many sonic attributes will be lost.

#476339 - 09/20/19 09:52 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
You are right Donny, but for me, not really interested in gigging w/the board. More interested in home use and my own enjoyment/recordings. Wouldn't most boards have similar issues with respect to stereo speakers versus mono at gigs? Even the Genos/PA4X?

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#476341 - 09/20/19 10:07 AM Re: Sx900 marketing strategy??? [Re: saxxman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
You are right Donny, but for me, not really interested in gigging w/the board. More interested in home use and my own enjoyment/recordings. Wouldn't most boards have similar issues with respect to stereo speakers versus mono at gigs? Even the Genos/PA4X?

Possibly.... but past accounts have always been the
stereo phase loss, FX, etc, with many Yamaha sounds and FX..
I always play in stereo I deserve it, and so does anyone listening.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online