SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#474161 - 08/05/19 06:19 AM To make a long story short i got a new old kb
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I haven't posted in a long while, but I have retired from active gigging at the ripe old age of 44. I was hit with a 911 cancer some years ago and post treatments (I'm in remission now) I don't have will power to carry, load and unload equipment any more, plus be up at all hours of the night. My bed time is 9:00pm on the dot!! So I have sold all of my keyboards and equipment. My latest keyboard Korg PA4X, which I loved, but I figured, why keep a $3k just sitting around while I can still get some $$ for it. So that was that. I recently came across an old relic, 20 years old as a matter of fact which I purchased. It needed a little TLC but I cleaned it up, put new internal speakers and after 20 years it still sounds good. (now I'm starting to sound like Fran). Even though I miss gigging, I'm content not hauling anything around and putting in a time on the keyboard from time to time.

So welcome home to my new old friend, Ketron X1. yep even though loved the korg, I'm forever a loyal Ketron fan.

Thanks, Mario

#474163 - 08/05/19 06:38 AM Re: To make a long story short i got a new old kb [Re: mc]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mario, sorry to hear about your health issues ...
Enjoy your 'new' X1 ...
God Bless

#474165 - 08/05/19 06:41 AM Re: To make a long story short i got a new old kb [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Mario...stay healthy and good luck with your music the
Ketron X1 was always one of my favorites also.

#474166 - 08/05/19 06:45 AM Re: To make a long story short i got a new old kb [Re: mc]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mario, I wish you good health, I love your positive attitude.

Gigging was nice for a season, but now you have the opportunity to enjoy your music, that is how it all started.

Keep a positive attitude with your health, it’s one of the best medication that there is.

John C.

#474181 - 08/05/19 12:01 PM Re: To make a long story short i got a new old kb [Re: mc]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
All the best to you Mario . . .
I had to give up gigging several years ago due to a few nasty health issues and surgeries myself, I totally get it . . .

I have gotten back in the game a bit, playing and singing at my church . . . Hopefully, if things continue the way I would like, am thinking about gigging again in the future...

Glad you still have music to make, even if it is for your own enjoyment . . . Very healing stuff . . .

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#474184 - 08/05/19 12:52 PM Re: To make a long story short i got a new old kb [Re: girljam]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
When I and the other guys in the band were younger, we would always wonder when a musician would say "oh,yes, I used to play" ... we could never imagine NOT playing ... Now, at the ripe age of 78, I know I probably won't be playing gigs (jobs) much longer, but I do hope to be playing music until my last day ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online